Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student production, need equipment advice

Options
  • 12-02-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey people, i'm running the film society at ITB, and we're going to be making a few short films, i already know the camera as i've used it before, sony ex 1.

But as for lights and sound, i'm very unknowledgable, i'm going to rent all my equipment from filmbase for a week, so camera is 640, i'll be on quite a tight budget, so from the filmbase catalogue of equipment, which would be the most versatile and broad equipment to rent out, like a jack of all trades kinda thing.

It'd be very useful if you could break down the products into pros and cons aswell, if you have the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

nice camera, i'm renting the same one out on the 6th and 7th (so don't break it :D .. ehmm a couple of blondes and red heads should do it.. you'll need some good reflectors and a stand for them.

I assume you're gonna be shooting inside. At night too? if so you might have some problems.. although you can improvise with car lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jim2003sound

Xios wrote: »
    Hey people, i'm running the film society at ITB, and we're going to be making a few short films, i already know the camera as i've used it before, sony ex 1.

But as for lights and sound, i'm very unknowledgable, i'm going to rent all my equipment from filmbase for a week, so camera is 640, i'll be on quite a tight budget, so from the filmbase catalogue of equipment, which would be the most versatile and broad equipment to rent out, like a jack of all trades kinda thing.

It'd be very useful if you could break down the products into pros and cons aswell, if you have the time.

We rent the EX1 at a weekly rate of 500 Euro's and can include a red head lighting kit in with that and any other bits and pieces you need, once you tell
    us more about your project we will be able to give more advise, so check out this site ........... Jim
    http://www.videocamerahire.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jim2003sound

Our weekly rent the EX1 is 500 Euro's and we can include a redhead kit or any lighting combination, just let us know more ablut your project and we will be in a better position to advise you, we have lots of bits and pieces of grip equipment that we give out at no extra charge, check out this site, videocamerahire.ie ... Jim
    http://www.videocamerahire.ie/index.php

Advertisement