Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone missing a cat??

Options
  • 12-02-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

this is a bit of a long shot but here goes.. i live on college rd and there is a cat literelly outside my apt since i came in from work yesterday evening. he keeps sitting on the window crying and looking in. its heartbreaking to watch him. i cant bring her in cause i have a kittten already .

he is black,white and ginger in colouring.. looks well fed,is not skinny by any means,has no collar and is very friendly(albeit a little nervous when first approached). he is still outside the front door crying away. dont no what to do about him. i gave him a bit of food this morning and some milk but dont want to encouarge him anymore(like i said,he is very well fed already)

anyone living on college road know this cat or anyone missing a cat??
    i cant take picture cause my camera is broken,sorry!

i have been called it a male cat,but not sure exactly if it is or not,sorry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

it's probably a female since it has black and ginger - very rare for male cats to have both colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Can you post it here as this also get published in Facebook and lots of people can see it? It's also connected to the Galway SPCA Facebook group.

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boards Lost/Found.

Xiney wrote: »
    it's probably a female since it has black and ginger - very rare for male cats to have both colours.
    We used to have one. We didn't realise it was rare until the vet (testing cattle) spotted it.

I saw a lost cat sign on the bus stop at Riverside but I think that was black and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

It is about 9:1 of a ratio. I've seen a few while working at veterinary clinics in the states.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

amy85 wrote: »
    looks well fed,is not skinny by any means

So erm... fat then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

fat-cat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

^^ All that lasagne caught up with Garfield by the looks of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

We used to have one. We didn't realise it was rare until the vet (testing cattle) spotted it.

I saw a lost cat sign on the bus stop at Riverside but I think that was black and white.

That was mine! I have to take those signs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

thanks for the replies. just home from work. the cat was here during the day but is gone again now. if he comes back i might ring galway bay fm and put announcement on it. no i wouldnt say he was fat,just definetly filled out. haha..it could be a pregnant female for all i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Fenster wrote: »
    It is about 9:1 of a ratio. I've seen a few while working at veterinary clinics in the states.

Wow, I would never have guessed it was that high, seeing as it requires a chromosomal anomaly.

Advertisement