Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with new iMac 27" i7

Options
  • 12-02-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've heard of the problems with the 27" iMac regarding yellow discoloration, screen flicker and black screens. I'm concerned I had different but related problems.

1. In Finder if I click the Apple icon, I sometimes get no drop down menu. If I mouse over to Finder and then back to the Apple icon, the drop down menu appears.

2. In Safari, random menu bars don't appear. For example, just now I clicked on Edit.....no menu. Click File and mouse back over to Edit, sometimes it appears.

3. I just tried to launch iPhoto. The dock shows it's launched. It's not.

4. I just tried Apple- Tab to cycle through the open Apps......nothing!

5. Tried to open Photobooth earlier....nothing happened.

6. Was in a Skype chat earlier, didn't see any replies for a while, replied myself......it didn't appear in the chat window.

Downloaded and tried to install the firmware update. It says it's not required.

Any thoughts? I've looked for similar issues on Google, but couldn't find any, other than the discoloration, flicker, black screen ones.

Regards,

DFD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hmm, sounds really strange. I did a search myself and couldn't see anything.

Did you try a complete re-install of the operating system?

Have you called Apple?

I'll ask around and see what I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi,

See this link http://www.maclife.com/article/news/27_imacs_having_problems

looks like many people are having problems with the new 27" mac

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Hi,

I was unable to repeat symptoms in 2nd admin account.

Only difference was Spaces. Disabled Spaces in my account. No problems since!

Fingers crossed. Thanks for the replies.

Regards,

DFD.

Advertisement