Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRISIS!!

Options
  • 12-02-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all just looking for a bit of advice!!!!!!

Flying down to Kerry tomorrow from Dublin Airport, myself and my three year old son. When checking in on line I realised i needed his passport number which was fine until i realised that it expired yesterday!!!! AHH!!! So online i told a white lie and put the expiry date forward one week to see if it would go through which it did! Hurrah! So ive got the boarding cards. Just wondering will they check it out at the airport and bounce us all the way out of the airport? I'd hate him to havce to go through that!! Should i just drive down? Will they even look at the passports or care its slightly outta date?? Why do you even need passports for internal flights?!?! grrrrr

Help!!

Advice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You don't need a passport for an internal flight. Just ID and since he is too young for a drivers license..... I would imagine you will not need it but if they look for ID I have no idea what you would require for a 3 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

go to local garda station and ask for an ml10 form. should be fine with that if u wanna be sure about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

If it's Ryanair you need a passport for the child.

Would it be worth the risk to use the expired passport and see if they notice? That's your call. I wouldn't take the chance, but some here would.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

I totally would take the chance. Ryanair staff are always in a rush, trying to fill the plane and get off the ground. Since you will not be passing through Garda immigration (who would likely actually care about the expiry date), there is a good chance you will get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigjohnnykeats

Just to let you guys know, did decide to risk it in the end! From Dublin to Kerry girl didnt even check passports, quick glance through, had the car in long term just in case though!

On way back the ryanair girl had a goood long stare at my childs passport. She obviously spotted it was out of date. She stared and stared and stared, than smiled and handed it back no questions asked. Delighted!! had back up plans both times but well worth the risk if you find yourself in similar position. Wouldnt do it international though no way. Gardaí would be a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Leper

Good on Ya BigJohnny = Not many people got advantage over on ryanair

Advertisement