Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grade G1

Options
  • 12-02-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Lets fighting love.
    I made it to G1 today and theres nothing like beating a G1-A sagat with 60k points.

ryanisGAY.jpg

Id like to thank JIM, that i came across champion ship today, thanks for your points ;)
    and id also like to thank Ry for that one Championship he won months ago, thanks for the 100 points buddy.

More importantly, when i won the first match in G1, i say Minus points? whats going on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Congrats, I was a G2-A till my xbox keeled. Now I have to restart all over again on PSN :pac:. I think I'll just wait till SSF4 comes out xD

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey, I'm the same I made it to G1 today as well! Go us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

Took you long enough but congrats on the final push :)

Now just 55000 more points until you're actually considered alright at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

****in hell 55k !? its over 60k i think, cause i played a g1A sagat and he was 60k
    prob obsolete goal seeing as ssf4 will be out soon and will have new modes and champ mode just might day , like ranking did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Placebo wrote: »
    ****in hell 55k !? its over 60k i think, cause i played a g1A sagat and he was 60k
    prob obsolete goal seeing as ssf4 will be out soon and will have new modes and champ mode just might day , like ranking did

It's 70,000 for SG. 70K-15K=55K, that's what Shloer was getting at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

welcome to the big leagues Farz - I look forward to taking your points;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

G2 for life...don't think I'll ever be bothered grinding this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

congratulations:D

So wait, you can lost points in G1? I wasn't aware of this. Sounds interesting.

I presume it's only from losing the first match as you'd gain points for a loss anywhere after that presumably.

Yeah, but you don't drop back down to G2. I played a guy with 14,500 yesterday. Considering you lose 5 points per first round lost, you'd have to lose a lot of matches.

• Advertisement

Shloer wrote: »
    So wait, you can lost points in G1? I wasn't aware of this. Sounds interesting.

I presume it's only from losing the first match as you'd gain points for a loss anywhere after that presumably.

whenever youre over next youre not allowed to play championship on my account, all you do i lose so no thanks.

Placebo wrote: »
    whenever youre over next youre not allowed to play championship on my account, all you do i lose so no thanks.

Yeh very funny...suck my balls tbh :) I'm gonna find a way to drop you back to G2 no matter what!

Em, didn't I answer it?

EDIT: Ninja'in Basta'd!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Em, didn't I answer it?

EDIT: Ninja'in Basta'd!

Yeh no you did. But I'll find a way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yeah, but you don't drop back down to G2. I played a guy with 14,500 yesterday. Considering you lose 5 points per first round lost, you'd have to lose a lot of matches.
    When I first got to G1 there were about 250 there(and the standard was extremely high- Coblecog, Bush etc.), and after winning my first fight, I got beaten about 10 times in a row....and dropped to 14,950GP, I was so distraught, I actually played, and won, a free championship, all for the princely sum of 5GP!! Then something clicked, and I kicked into gear and started winning lots of matches and gaining the phenomenal GP that I have today!!:D;):cool:

I really feel bad for all the people I see with sub-14,900GP scores, I know how close I came to joining their accursed ranks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I managed to push it 16k and I'm leaving it there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 homemadextc

not trying to belittle you accomplishment however g1 is nothing special, ppl here are no better than g2 [granted there are a few exceptions] but the majority of ppl in g1 as you pointed out are sagat usin , srk mashin ,light punch to headbutt , stick twrilin srubs...........and as ranked is dominated by cheaters some advice given to me i shall now give to you, play player matches to improve your game i often find better matches and playing someone repeatidly gives them the chance to adjust to your playstyle and beat it forcing you to improve to continue winning or vise versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

not trying to belittle you accomplishment however g1 is nothing special, ppl here are no better than g2 [granted there are a few exceptions] but the majority of ppl in g1 as you pointed out are sagat usin , srk mashin ,light punch to headbutt , stick twrilin srubs...........and as ranked is dominated by cheaters some advice given to me i shall now give to you, play player matches to improve your game i often find better matches and playing someone repeatidly gives them the chance to adjust to your playstyle and beat it forcing you to improve to continue winning or vise versa

How are they cheaters? It's not against the rules to use Sagat or use cheap techniques. You do what you need to win.

Yup, if one can't deal with scrubby techniques, one is really no better than they are!

Xluna wrote: »
    How are they cheaters? It's not against the rules to use Sagat or use cheap techniques. You do what you need to win.

I think he meant they're cheating some other way not referring to the mashing SRK stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

big gratz to on this. you can smirk down on all of us scrubbers grinding away in G2 now :p

play player matches to improve your game i often find better matches and playing someone repeatidly gives them the chance to adjust to your playstyle and beat it forcing you to improve to continue winning or vise versa

But then again, in a real-life tournament situation you only have maybe three rounds to get to grips with someone (unless you already know the person!) so playing champ mode is a good way to prepare for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

For me player match is where the actual game is. Online I mean. I wanna have a proper session of SF4? Player match.

Champ mode are for those who like to grind points and have high scores etc. Its just a little added bonus to the game. Its deffo not a way to judge a players skill thats for sure. Otherwise we'd all be watching vids of the top champ mode players rather then daigo and wong vids etc.

However Terrys point about using it to improve your on the fly adaption ability in the game is true.

I've been playing a little champ mode recently on pc just to help with that and my stick training as when I win I can watch back the replays with inputs on so I can try to see whats coming out when I make input errors.

I got some nice/amusing messages from people ,

one guy who had a nice cammy who I was chatting with trying to arrange a playermatch with, he was proclaiming how he was the best cammy on pc. I asked him "why because of your championship points?" and he was like "yes of course how else?" lol

Another guy messaged me saying I was the best ryu he's ever played on PC, how the hell am I a "G2 player" which of course was nice but I just explained how he needed to go play some playermatchs.

Playermatch in my opinion anyway, is still the most fun to be had online and the best way to learn the game.

I reached G1 there a couple of nights ago and I have to say It's much nicer not having so many mashing Ken's and Sagats :) I'm going into every fight knowing the person I'm facing is probably going to be a real challenge.

Every fight I've had has been a really good fight win or lose. I've won a few and lost a few and without any rage because it's been like playing someone in Player match or XGC because I see they're good players and it's enjoyable to be beaten cleanly by pure skill ye know. I was trounced by a Viper player who just ran rings around me and I was laughing at my poor attempts to even land a hit while she dominated my every move.

Basically I'm loving it for want of a better phrase. :rolleyes:

I reached G1 there a couple of nights ago and I have to say It's much nicer not having so many mashing Ken's and Sagats :) I'm going into every fight knowing the person I'm facing is probably going to be a real challenge.

Every fight I've had has been a really good fight win or lose. I've won a few and lost a few and without any rage because it's been like playing someone in Player match or XGC because I see they're good players and it's enjoyable to be beaten cleanly by pure skill ye know. I was trounced by a Viper player who just ran rings around me and I was laughing at my poor attempts to even land a hit while she dominated my every move.

Basically I'm loving it for want of a better phrase. :rolleyes:

you have a hard time beating championship at G2 in mine, i give it one week, till youre at less than 15k in G1. ha

and it's enjoyable to be beaten cleanly by pure skill ye know.
    is that why you refuse to play my chun li.?? just shutup

Farz, you are a bad friend you know that!

Ryan, congrats on getting into G1! Nice to see that you've come to peace with the game and that Ry-rage might be a thing of the past. Unless you play doom of course :P

I hate G1, I still haven't won a championship :(

animaX wrote: »
    Farz, you are a bad friend you know that!

Ryan, congrats on getting into G1! Nice to see that you've come to peace with the game and that Ry-rage might be a thing of the past. Unless you play doom of course :P

Cheers. I've actually done a lot better than I expected to. I was expecting to be down around 14500 as Ken was saying earlier but I'm steadily going up in GP so no complaints. Haven't won a full championship yet I'll be honest but I haven't lost any first matches yet to lose points either so no rage here :P

P.S. Farz, you've turned bitter and twisted tbh. Like the Grinch only in relation to everything and not just Christmas.

• Advertisement

P.S. Farz, you've turned bitter and twisted tbh. Like the Grinch only in relation to everything and not just Christmas.

ry via txt

Ry: took you long enough to reach g1
    Me: i have a job, cant play everyday
    Ry: or maybe cause youre **** tbh

01.jpg

Advertisement