Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire wood

Options
  • 12-02-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

I was thinking of selling fire wood for an extra bit of cash.
    Just wondering how much would you get for a bag of oak( coal size bag)
    What kind of places would you sell it ??

any help appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

In the shop I work in they sell it at €6 for a turf bag full of blocks, don't know what the cost price is for the retailer tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

PomBear wrote: »
    In the shop I work in they sell it at €6 for a turf bag full of blocks, don't know what the cost price is for the retailer tbh

Thanks for your reply.....I wonder whats the price for the retailer??

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

trepasers wrote: »
    I was thinking of selling fire wood for an extra bit of cash.
    Just wondering how much would you get for a bag of oak( coal size bag)
    What kind of places would you sell it ??

any help appreciated!!

Stick a sign out the front and fire the logs into fertilizer bags. Or go to a co-op and they will buy a hape off ya (you wont make as much this way but less deals with joe public) I sold seed potatoes this way last year

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

In the Doughiska area we used to have a guy with a van + trailor delivering to the houses for €4 a bag, just may be an idea for you, plenty of houses out this way with open fires..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I'd say you'd get around €3/€4 a bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Drive into any estate, and just knock on some doors. 5 euro a bag would be sweet. Loads of estates in newcastle, loads of cold student :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Martyns fuels are doing €20 for a giant bag of spruce, I think €35 for a similar sized bag of ash wood, probably four or five normal bags in that. If you are going door to door you'll need transparent or net bags so people can see what they are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭claireeney

the fruit and veg shop in ballybane sell turf and firewood. maybe they'd sell it for you? you should try car boot sales as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

JJayoo wrote: »
    Drive into any estate, and just knock on some doors. 5 euro a bag would be sweet. Loads of estates in newcastle, loads of cold student :D

You might get it the odd place, but 4 quid a bag is more competitive imo, that's the norm where I am when they come round. The little guy who does 3 a bag isn't around that often, but when he is he sells. Sometimes the wood is iffy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Gotta peek at the invoice, the supplier charges €4 per turf bag full

• Advertisement
Advertisement