Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question about selling a car

• 12-02-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I am selling my car as a fixer upper. It needs an engine or someone can break it down and sell it for parts and make a profit.

Anyway the car is in Dublin as am I but the VLC is at home in Westmeath.

If someone picked up the car tomorrow do I need to get them to sign it or do I just need their details and fill in the VLC myself and post it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Reggaetrip

no you need them to sign it then you post it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

OK thanks, Doubt it will be sold tomorrow anyway as the offer is a little low and will probably hold out for a while and see if I can get a better deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Saruman wrote: »
    I am selling my car as a fixer upper. It needs an engine or someone can break it down and sell it for parts and make a profit.

Anyway the car is in Dublin as am I but the VLC is at home in Westmeath.

If someone picked up the car tomorrow do I need to get them to sign it or do I just need their details and fill in the VLC myself and post it.

yeah get them to sign it safer alround www.donedeal.ie is one of the best sites to sell it very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Out of interest, what car is it, what is wrong with it and how much were you offered for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

It is a peogeot 407 2006 model. 1.6 HDI.

Turbo blew and engine is dead as a result. I bought a car yesterday and the dealer is interested in my car and might send someone to take a look so I am confident someone will take it and I will recoup some of the money I lost.

The rest of the car is in grand condition so someone with the ability to sort out the engine/turbo could have a nice car for a little bit of money and work.

I have it in for €3k on gumtree and was already offered half that so will see how I get on. The car was only bought for €10k in September.

• Advertisement
Advertisement