Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Virgin Seeks Help!!

Options
  • 12-02-2010 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I live in the northern ireland and have broadband with Talk Talk. I can only access the international version of the rte website because apparantly my ip address is british?? Can anyone tell me how to bypass this?? I tried talk talk and they told me there is no way of changing the ip address to an irish one as it changes everytime i go online? Help me please ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Google "IP Spoofing"

there are simple apps to download that will spoof your IP address. I did it so that I could use Hulu from the US of A.

I can't think of any apps of the top of my head, it was a while ago! Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 miss_take

Thanks DanGlee will give it a try ... I haven't a clue about computers hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

You could also find someone with a proxy based in Ireland (or rather with an IP address given out by one of the ISPs based here). That said if you're clueless about computers as you say this might be a step to far :)

Try google for Irish proxy and you might get some results.

Advertisement