Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greece now, Ireland next?

• 12-02-2010 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

On reflection of the Greek bailout it looked like those beurocrats in the EU were doing the right thing, saving the country from economic collapse.However when i was reading this article today a couple of conditions were tied into the deal which were actually quite disturbing to be honest and it got me thinking could we be next? I mean were not too far behind in terms of how our own economy is doing and if this NAMA venture was to fail we could actually be worse off again.
    This article written by a greek pundit caught my attention and id like to know what people think of the Greek bailout? Is it a good deal or bad deal? Is this guy right in what he is saying? Could it happen in this country?

http://www.henrymakow.com/nwo_bitch_--_young_greek_conte.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

On reflection of the Greek bailout it looked like those beurocrats in the EU were doing the right thing, saving the country from economic collapse.However when i was reading this article today a couple of conditions were tied into the deal which were actually quite disturbing to be honest and it got me thinking could we be next? I mean were not too far behind in terms of how our own economy is doing and if this NAMA venture was to fail we could actually be worse off again.
    This article written by a greek pundit caught my attention and id like to know what people think of the Greek bailout? Is it a good deal or bad deal? Is this guy right in what he is saying? Could it happen in this country?

instead of a bitch and rant article about NWO..
    if this is law can you show us the law itself????
    instead of hearsay... this should be a very easy one to prove...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Apart from the usual secret soceity BS where's the conspiracy here?

The cash thing is semi-sensible, more so in a country like Greece or Ireland.

As for the bailout, its very good for the Greeks and a bad deal for the rest of Europre, we won't get anything like the same level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

If NAMA succeeds thigns won't be great either, none issue!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

robtri wrote: »
    instead of a bitch and rant article about NWO..
    if this is law can you show us the law itself????
    instead of hearsay... this should be a very easy one to prove...

Its an opinion piece article, its not meant to be full of facts and figures. I posted it up mainly from an observers point of view to get peoples opinions on what they think of the Greek situation.But thanks for your contribution anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Thanks for that link.
    I can see this coming to all of europe alright.It is after all exactly what we have been saying they will do.
    Baby steps for the win!

I also want to spit on there bailouts.What a load of balls that most likely will be.
    Who will be bailing them out exactly? And more importantly at what price?!!
    Think about the interest also.Its like a superpowered central bank loan to a country, it probably comes along with a heavy price i bet.

Ps i would guess the only reason they need a bailout in the first place is because the banks are calling in there debts on a large scale while the central bank(or whoever does the bailout) loans money back to them from there taxes to fund the bailout...with interest.
    i think a bailout is like running up your credit card getting hassles for payments and then requesting another credit card or loan with high interest to bounce the credit.
    In the uk i think i heard recently in a documentary that about 1million british pounds is spent per hour on the countries taxs to the EEC.Its big money getting people to accept their loans with strings all overthem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Textbook example of how to make the rich richer and the poor poorer IMO.

Its an opinion piece article, its not meant to be full of facts and figures. I posted it up mainly from an observers point of view to get peoples opinions on what they think of the Greek situation.But thanks for your contribution anyway

so the article is completely made up........ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

well if you looking for opinions on the greek situation ... politics is that way ->

or if you want to discuss amde up opinion pieces surely creative wrinting sectio is better....

Can you substanciate your claim that its completely made up??

Can you substanciate your claim that its completely made up??

you just said its opinion piece....
    when i asked you to show the law it refers to in limiting cash transactions to 1500e

your words "Its an opinion piece article, its not meant to be full of facts and figures"

you just said its opinion piece....
    when i asked you to show the law it refers to in limiting cash transactions to 1500e

your words "Its an opinion piece article, its not meant to be full of facts and figures"

Your the one making accusations without backing them up, why should i have to prove something which i didnt even say???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Your the one making accusations without backing them up, why should i have to prove something which i didnt even say???

Either the law exists or it doesn't. If it doesn't exist, the article is made up. That is what robtri is saying.

are you for real......

you posted this article, I asked a question a about it...YOU said it was opinion and had not facts or figures, and then you give out cause i then said based on what you said the article is made up......

jesus....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its somebodies opinion from greece, you came on here and said it was made up?? So therefore im asking you to back up what you are saying

Its somebodies opinion from greece, you came on here and said it was made up?? So therefore im asking you to back up what you are saying

ok there is no Law in place or scheduled to be in greece NOW or the near future....
    therefore I Call Bull sh&t to your article....

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

If someones opinion from Greece doesn't need to be backed up, then by your logic you shouldn't ask robtri to back up his opinion here on boards (even though he already has).

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

well if you looking for opinions on the greek situation ... politics is that way ->

or if you want to discuss amde up opinion pieces surely creative wrinting sectio is better....

ffs, this took 10 secs to find. Sometimes i think people just want to contrary.
    "From 1. Jan. 2011, every transaction above 1,500 euros between natural persons and businesses, or between businesses, will not be considered legal if it is done in cash. Transactions will have to be done through debit or credit cards"
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE61824V20100209

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

ok there is no Law in place or scheduled to be in greece NOW or the near future....
    therefore I Call Bull sh&t to your article....

Think you owe him an apology now.

Judging by his previous comments i dont think thats likely.These guys are getting better all the time i mean if your going to make a statement be prepared to back it up.

Well aside from statements that we all sometimes make like that and later see different or not,it sometimes doesnt matter if you can prove it to be so.
    With most people you could spend a long time trying to convince them that we are heading towards a cashless society.
    By then they will say "oh doesnt matter anyway it sounds handier".
    Then a recession hits and they cry to each other about how bad the "economy" is(you know that spirit being/personality that controls the flow of money) and pray to God it will get better or some politician comes up with a plan for "change".

Maybe we should all start teaching people about the banking system.Because your going in circles i feel otherwise.

Torakx wrote: »
    Well aside from statements that we all sometimes make like that and later see different or not,it sometimes doesnt matter if you can prove it to be so.
    With most people you could spend a long time trying to convince them that we are heading towards a cashless society.
    By then they will say "oh doesnt matter anyway it sounds handier".
    Then a recession hits and they cry to each other about how bad the "economy" is(you know that spirit being/personality that controls the flow of money) and pray to God it will get better or some politician comes up with a plan for "change".

Maybe we should all start teaching people about the banking system.Because your going in circles i feel otherwise.

Its hard enough trying to get these people to look at the cold, hard evidence.But trying to teach them the ways of the financial systems is going to be ignorantly impossible i feel.

• Advertisement

your right.. I do..

@truthrevelution... sorry dude.. lokks like there was some truth in the article... fair play to you...

i would say it would have been a lot easier and simpler if you had provided some back up at the start...

besides the reuters article, which i am inclined to believe, I still havent found any basis of this been legal or bill passed to have this enacted by 2011....
    strange....

Its hard enough trying to get these people to look at the cold, hard evidence.But trying to teach them the ways of the financial systems is going to be ignorantly impossible i feel.

well it would be a little easier if you backed up your statements...... instead of side stepping them... then at least the debate could move on a bit..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

You left out some bits.
    "With the new tax scale, there is a shift of the burden from low and middle income to high incomes.

"There's tax relief for incomes up to 40,000 (euros)"

"Taxable income based on the new scales will include capital gains from the short-term trading of stocks"

"Wages of board members in unlisted state companies will fall by 50 percent"

What's the big deal?

I don't think I've ever done a business to business deal or paid a business over a grand in cash at a time. The law states that transactions over the amount will be "probed".

There's nothing to state that there's anything to stop private individuals exchanging cash with each other for the sale of cars for example. Or nothing to stop individuals doing more than one transaction of the stated sum.

It's an attempt to rein in the black economy, no bad thing I'd say. Considering the Head Shop on Caple street that burned down the other day had €500,000 in cash sitting in the safe. Would suggest to me there's enough suspect csh floating around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

squod wrote: »

studiorat wrote: »
    "With the new tax scale, there is a shift of the burden from low and middle income to high incomes.

"There's tax relief for incomes up to 40,000 (euros)"

"Taxable income based on the new scales will include capital gains from the short-term trading of stocks"

"Wages of board members in unlisted state companies will fall by 50 percent"

:confused:

You left out some bits.

What's the big deal?

I don't think I've ever done a business to business deal or paid a business over a grand in cash at a time. The law states that transactions over the amount will be "probed".

There's nothing to state that there's anything to stop private individuals exchanging cash with each other for the sale of cars for example. Or nothing to stop individuals doing more than one transaction of the stated sum.

It's an attempt to rein in the black economy, no bad thing I'd say. Considering the Head Shop on Caple street that burned down the other day had €500,000 in cash sitting in the safe. Would suggest to me there's enough suspect csh floating around.

Dont know what line of business your in but 1500 wouldnt get you very far in the real world.If you check the regulation again you will see it clearly says that transactions above 1500 will not be "legal tender" - hence illegal.They are probably using the black economy as an excuse alright but time will tell what the real motive behind this regulation is.....

Dont know what line of business your in but 1500 wouldnt get you very far in the real world.

:rolleyes:
    what the hell are you talking about? read the post again will you. Cash is the important word here.

Cash means paper money and coins, you know like your pocket money?

humanji wrote: »
    Guys, this being a Conspiracy Theories forum, does anyone want to go back to talking about the conspiracy side fo things?

What conspiracy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well the fact that it's here would suggest to me that some may believe that there could be an orchestrated plot to abuse the situation Greece and Ireland are in.

humanji wrote: »
    Well the fact that it's here would suggest to me that some may believe that there could be an orchestrated plot to abuse the situation Greece and Ireland are in.

Obviously it's orchestrated, legislation like this doesn't make it's self up. The charge of abuse is paranoia and has no factual evidence what so ever, unless you take into account the opinion piece.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:
    what the hell are you talking about? read the post again will you. Cash is the important word here.

Cash means paper money and coins, you know like your pocket money?

Ok then 1500 CASH wont get you very far in the real world

Ok then 1500 CASH wont get you very far in the real world

Why not? Explain please.

I'd much rather use my cheque book or cards than carry that amount of money around in my pocket. Makes it easier to keep tabs on it for the tax returns at the end of the year too.

Like I said already, the law only covers b2b transactions and transactions with business. Private transactions between private individuals are not effected. So, I'm supposing the sole trader may come in under this too.

Why not? Explain please.

I'd much rather use my cheque book or cards than carry that amount of money around in my pocket. Makes it easier to keep tabs on it for the tax returns at the end of the year too.

Like I said already, the law only covers b2b transactions and transactions with business. Private transactions between private individuals are not effected. So, I'm supposing the sole trader may come in under this too.

I dont know about you but 1500 cash wouldnt be any use if i wanted to buy a car, trade for commodities such as gold, silver etc go away on a weekend bender and so on.....

I dont know about you but 1500 cash wouldnt be any use if i wanted to buy a car, trade for commodities such as gold, silver etc go away on a weekend bender and so on.....

like I said it's only for business transactions.

You could still buy a car in de buy and sell for as much cash as you wanted.

Trading for commodities with cash would raise a few eyebrows anyway. So you like to carry suitcases of the stuff around do you?

And again it's per transaction, what sort of a week end are you planning if you are thinking of dropping a grand and a half in one go?

And what's wrong with using a bank card or cheque book?

I mean who the fukk gets paid in cash these days anyway?

like I said it's only for business transactions.

You could still buy a car in de buy and sell for as much cash as you wanted.

Trading for commodities with cash would raise a few eyebrows anyway. So you like to carry suitcases of the stuff around do you?

And again it's per transaction, what sort of a week end are you planning if you are thinking of dropping a grand and a half in one go?

And what's wrong with using a bank card or cheque book?

Business transactions cover many areas, even doing your shopping can be called a business transaction.

Maybe their are eyebrows raised when you trade cash but personally i have previously used as much as 10 times that cash limit to buy gold.

Im not going to bore you by going into details of what i do in my spare time.

Nothing wrong with useing credit cards or cheques but people should at least be given a choice.I dont have a credit card and im hopeing somebody doesnt dictate to me in the near future that i need to carry one.

Your correct, not many people get paid in cash nowadays compared to 10 or so years ago.All incrimental steps towards a cashless society!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

A cashless society brings MANY benefits.

If you don't agree you need to consider yourself part of society's problem. :(

• Advertisement

cgarrad wrote: »
    A cashless society brings MANY benefits.

If you don't agree you need to consider yourself part of society's problem. :(

Explain yourself kid, what problem would this be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Drugs, crime, tax evasion, corruption, prostitution etc etc.

All the above are carried out in the pursuit of money.

If it all was traceable the vast majority of these "transactions" simply would not take place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

If it all was traceable the vast majority of these "transactions" simply would not take place.

a) Those industries are worth billions, a portion of which could easily be invested to e-launder the money. Nothing changes there.

b) There being a record of your every transaction does slightly impinge on your liberty. At least the way we have things now, people can choose to keep these things private.

Oh rite, and in this new cashless society you reckon all these evil crimes will cease to exist?
    O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Small man syndrome... Interesting article so just p1ss off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Why not? Explain please.

The real problem here is that they if you dont play by their rules, they have the power to cut off your credit cards and therefore you'll be screwed as any cash you have stashed away isn't any use as you cant spend more than 1500 in one whack (this will eventually reduce to zero)

Im trying to figure where to start with that comment :)
    Most of the class A drugs that are being shipped around the world is from the same people who are bringing you the credit card.
    I would also say they are responsible for most of the wars the past few generations.And add a fair bit of help to keeping prostitution,corruption,tax evasion etc going all around the world.
    If you research into america's history with the crash in the 30's and then prohibition and the cia with there drug running you will see it all connects.

I think the war on drugs is a clever trick to sucker everyone.They give the populace drugs but also ban them so they can keep the prices up and imprison and terrorize to keep control.Order out of chaos you could say.
    Look into how much money is being made on building new prisons in america and how much is being made selling drugs to americans.

I believe the cashless transactions ban on 1500 euro is nasty as hell.
    It should be thrown out as fraud.
    That means that if you dont want to use a bank to store your money you are going to be...arrested? fined?transaction failed?
    What if a person doesnt want to use a bank at all out of good morals?
    how would they buy anything over 1500 euro without having the courts summoning them for harrassment?
    And worst of all what if it did go to zero.We are all totally tied to the banks for our lively hoods then.

They will profit from every transaction you make wether you like it or not then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

squod wrote: »

Greece isn't poor, it's poorly run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

ME! and cash only for the past 10 years, purely to save tree's, less paper trail needed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Greece now, Ireland next?

Bring it on!

As the EU dictatorship agenda clamps down on Greece, there are calls from some officials to strip the country of its voting power....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/7252288/Greece-loses-EU-voting-power-in-blow-to-sovereignty.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

As the EU dictatorship agenda clamps down on Greece, there are calls from some officials to strip the country of its voting power....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/7252288/Greece-loses-EU-voting-power-in-blow-to-sovereignty.html

We are next :eek:

We are next :eek:

why you say that??

Advertisement