Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JD 6320 is it a good buy

• 13-02-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭

Am thinking of changing my tractor. I currently have a MF390 and was thinking of buying a MF again but have heard alot of bad stories about them. Am currently looking at a 2004 JD6320 dont know alot about them but anyone that owns one rates them fairly highly. just wonderin any faults to look out for and what are the like on fuel. also anyone any opinion on the 5050 new holland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭roadtripman

What sort of stories did you hear about the mf's? Lots of 5455's around us and they are rated highly but there's also alot of lads with jd's and wouldnt fault them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

lancerwall wrote: »
    Am thinking of changing my tractor. I currently have a MF390 and was thinking of buying a MF again but have heard alot of bad stories about them. Am currently looking at a 2004 JD6320 dont know alot about them but anyone that owns one rates them fairly highly. just wonderin any faults to look out for and what are the like on fuel. also anyone any opinion on the 5050 new holland

fantastic tractor , my brother has one , lovely to drive and you wont find a better tractor to handle a loader , btw , is it an SE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

jesus theres very few people who would not rate the masseys out now. i bet your 390 hardly gave any trouble??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭lancerwall

two neighbours of mine bought MF 5445 both have given alot of trouble not exactly sure what the problems were but the tractors spent more time in a garage than on the farm. will be very sorry to see the 390 leaving, just not enough power in it, great tractor never gave a days bother. looking at both the 6320se and the premium model irish bob, any advise which to go for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

I would be sticking with Masseys, all tractors can give bother and from what i hear from the lads up this way they are great machines the 5455s are a great very refined well built tractor, jds can give plenty bother too and when they do its major dollars to put it right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

lancerwall wrote: »
    two neighbours of mine bought MF 5445 both have given alot of trouble not exactly sure what the problems were but the tractors spent more time in a garage than on the farm. will be very sorry to see the 390 leaving, just not enough power in it, great tractor never gave a days bother. looking at both the 6320se and the premium model irish bob, any advise which to go for

the bro has the premium , it has front and rear axle suspension and is a joy to drive , also has what they call power quad plus gear box , he bought it second hand so hadnt to pay the extra ten grand for extras :D

ps , i dont know how anyone could speak of massey in the same breath as a john deere , IMO , massey stopped being a great tractor around 15 years ago , the brand continues to live on based on passed reputation if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

the massey 5400 series are not near as reliable as the 4200 series.
    theres no comparison between the 5400 series and the john deere 6020 series especially at the back end.
    take a look at the massey back axle and look at the john deere .
    the last of the good massey fergusons were built in coventry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

hi
    your selling the MF 390 -can you give me some details?
    is your 390 straight or with turbo? WHAT YOU LOOKING FOR IT?

Advertisement