Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress for a wedding in Australia... and no time!

• 13-02-2010 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm off to Australia next saturday for my cousins wedding and i had though I had a dress for it but i tried it on today and it doesn't fit me anymore! (in the good way, i've lost a load of weight!)
    So essentially I'm working nonstop til I leave and i need to get a dress! I went to dundrum today (open til 9 so i can get in after work) and couldn't find anything!!! grrr
    I'm a size 10 with tiny waist and big hips (they make me a size 12 in jeans)
    and just want something that I can throw in my suitcase (ideally below 100euro)
    Any suggestions? I might be able to get into town at one stage I hope...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Do you have anything that might do in your closet? If dont fit slightly, maybe wearing a belt or nip it in with safety pin discretly.
    Or get it altered at dressmaker.
    Also do you have any nice summer dresses maybe that can work with fancy assessories to dress it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

It's actually my first sun holiday in 3 years so i'm a little limited on whats in my wardrope already! There's not a whole lot i can do with the dress i'd hoped to wear, i even tried pinning it to take it in but it just doesn't look as well as before.
    I've a black dress i can wear worst case which is light enough for Oz, but will i roast in black? it's the high of their summer!
    Gonna head out to Dundrum again super early tomorrow and see if i can find anything with one of my friends, she's got a great eye and is much more adventurous than me so i'm hopeful!

Thank you for the help though my little pony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Have the dress altered. Pinning it your self it not the same at all.

Could you borrow a dress from a friend/sister?

Also keep an eye out for skirt and top. It doesn't have to be a dress.

I've not been shopping for ages so can't suggest shops to go to but the summer stock is probably in most places now.

Advertisement