Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone unlock

• 13-02-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi, thinking of getting SE c510 from Vodafone and getting it unlocked so I can stay with Meteor. Hoping to use the Aerix free unlock but just want to be sure there's minimal risk to phone. Will it still work as normal and I just put my old sim card in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gaeilgeoir

so i jsut switch to Vodafone then get it unlocked and my sim card will still work fine? I'm completely clueless about this stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Gaeilgeoir wrote: »
    so i jsut switch to Vodafone then get it unlocked and my sim card will still work fine? I'm completely clueless about this stuff!

If you want to stay with Meteor, you don't mention the work switch to the phone shop staff.

If you "switch to Vodafone" our number will be moved (ported) to Vodafone from Meteor and your Meteor account will be closed. You will then have to get Vodafone call credit and pay according to Vodafone tarriffs.

Want you want to do is to buy a Vodafone pre-pay New customer pack which will come with a new sim, but you can just get rid of the new SIM and use your Meteor one after you get the phone unlocked.

Advertisement