Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language Question

Options
  • 13-02-2010 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I'm new around here and wasn't sure where to post this question but thought this might be a good place. I was looking at language learning software and I came across both Irish and Gaelic. What's the difference? Are either still spoken in Ireland today?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

jmooney wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm new around here and wasn't sure where to post this question but thought this might be a good place. I was looking at language learning software and I came across both Irish and Gaelic. What's the difference? Are either still spoken in Ireland today?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Jim

There is Irish Gaelic and Scots Gaelic.

Some people refer to Irish as just 'Gaeilc'. Maybe it is more correct, but it bugs the crap outta me. It's either Irish or Gaeilge!!! /minirant/

Advertisement