Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF:BC2 360 vrs PC ??

Options
  • 13-02-2010 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

OK, let me start off by saying, I'm not fanboy for either side, I like both 360 and PC.

With regards to shooters, PC is my choice, always has been, prob always will be. This is why I "Pre-ordered" BF:BC2 on PC on day one.

So I got the BETA, played it, and it's not the greatest on PC, very buggy, and didn't seem to run as well as I'd liked...lots of laggy issues.
    (hopefully will be better come official release..as I've already paid 50 euro for it)

However, I have also got the Demo on XBOX 360, and though PC is my choice for FPS, it actually does play MUCH better on 360.
    Unfortunately I can't see me buying it for both, and I actually wish it was better on PC, but it's not the case.

Btw, my PC is well above spec required.
    And also, trying to connect with a friend to a server on PC is a nightmare, wheareas xbox its just party-up, lobby and away you go :)

Anyone else tried it on both platforms ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes i have on both platforms and even my 7 year old son says is ugly as hell on the 360 compared to pc.
    I dont find it buggy at all on pc,performance is ok on my rig[Q6600,4 gig DDR, ATI 4870 1 gig] but remember this is far from the finished build.
    Since i went to windows 7 performance saw a huge increase and im expecting even better performance from the full game.

Seriously man if you have a choice go with the pc version, visually it looks like a totally different game and it has dedicated servers plus keyboard/mouse combo its a no brainer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Comparing console to pc with any game will always result in your IQ being lowered. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Im going to have to go with PC, as I've already paid for the game :o

And whats that meant to mean R0ot ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Been playing the demo on the PS3 aswell as the pc beta.

Talk about dumbed down for consoles.Its nearly always 1 shot kills on the ps3 no matter what weapon youre using.

Now the graphics/gameplay are a totally different story..On the PS3 the gameplay is as smooth as anything..On the PC I just find it quite choppy despite having a system that should run it at high settings.

Like the OP I really hope its sorted in the Retail release.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    And whats that meant to mean R0ot ?

It's probably one of the dumbest arguments in terms of games since keyboard + mouse always wins (with the exception of games ported for the console to the pc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's one size fits all for everthing.

For the PC,it not been optimized means that those with a good spec may not get a good result from the beta.

Those with a console, well, as all consoles are the same, optimize for one, and it's optimized for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

R0ot wrote: »
    It's probably one of the dumbest arguments in terms of games since keyboard + mouse always wins (with the exception of games ported for the console to the pc).

Well if you remove the mouse/keyboard vs Joypad from the argument, which I wasn't referring to anyways.
    It would still stand that the game is running better on consoles than a High End PC.
    Of which I have both, and I PREFER PC as i mentioned, but it DOES run smoother and matchmaking is better on 360 (W/A Joypad) as opposed to a High end PC (w/Mouse and Keyboard)

Fingers crossed it will be sorted come release day. Have stopped playing till then, as the map is boring already

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

but it DOES run smoother and matchmaking is better on 360 (W/A Joypad) as opposed to a High end PC (w/Mouse and Keyboard)
    As I've said, it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier to optimize for one system (console) than to optimize for many many variables (intel, amd, different gfx card, etc) for PC's. Also, it's was said by someone that DICE just wanted to test server load for the PC gaming. So yeah, full game usually equals optimization.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I run both my 360 and pc on the same monitor and the pc version of the beta is a lot smoother than the console plus it looks a hell of a lot better.

Well if you remove the mouse/keyboard vs Joypad from the argument, which I wasn't referring to anyways.
    It would still stand that the game is running better on consoles than a High End PC.

And if you remove a runners legs I'm sure he won't stand a chance in the 100m sprint.

And your basing this on a beta which are always more intensive on pc's, wait for he release. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

I know the mouse and keyboard is definately easier to use, but there is something to be said for having a trigger and feedback. Plus you don't get so many annoying run 'n' gun super snipers on consoles. I used to be a die hard PC gamer but to be honest FPS's are just as fun on Xbox once you get used to the controls. Can't say the same for PS3 though.

Advertisement