Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HARD TO BELIEVE

• 13-02-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

i read recently that there was two hundred & fifty thousand foreign people in our country & a futher ten thousand here illegally,, in my daily day to day routine of work,rest,play, mainly dublin,kildare,meath,wicklow, i seem to be coming accross more foreign people than irish, now latly a lot of my friends/family have lost their jobs and are giving out about the foreign workers so maybe its just been on my mind so i have started to notice this but i would put the total a lot higher than that...so what do you think and how did you come up with your figure.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i read recently that there was two hundred & fifty thousand foreign people in our country & a futher ten thousand here illegally,, in my daily day to day routine of work,rest,play, mainly dublin,kildare,meath,wicklow, i seem to be coming accross more foreign people than irish, now latly a lot of my friends/family have lost their jobs and are giving out about the foreign workers so maybe its just been on my mind so i have started to notice this but i would put the total a lot higher than that...so what do you think and how did you come up with your figure.

Appoligies if this Sounds racist, But Maybe your noticing the "blacker" Foreign People.

Like, In Leixlip, where i live, there is a High amount of Foreign people here (HP and Intel are the cause of the influx) But i wouldnt really notice it more then any other part of the country.

What i find hillarious is Irish People complaining about people traveling for work, Being the nation that practically built America and The UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Congrats on joining Boards Dave and posting your first message.

Why do you ask this question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

i read recently that there was two hundred & fifty thousand foreign people in our country (250,000) & a futher ten thousand here illegally,, in my daily day to day routine of work,rest,play, mainly dublin,kildare,meath,wicklow, i seem to be coming accross more foreign people than irish, now latly a lot of my friends/family have lost their jobs and are giving out about the foreign workers so maybe its just been on my mind so i have started to notice this but i would put the total a lot higher than that...so what do you think and how did you come up with your figure.

Far more than that, about 10% of the population is foreign born. Your post
    reads like you just spotted this. Or is this the start of a gradually winding up troll thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

how did you come up with your figure.

I saw two chinese fellahs, a darkish guy with a beard, multiplied that by 'Invasion!!!' and then typed Our Way Of Life Is Under Shariah Threat From Muslim Horde.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

'Ello, 'ello 'ello...what's all this then? I have my eye on this thread.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Wasn't this in AH...?

Need caffeine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

This thread won't end well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

kev9100 wrote: »
    This thread won't end well.
    True even more so if it was in AH.
    Anyway here or not, it won't go anywhere advantageous to fellow posters or the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I agree.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement