Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the first communion paperwork

Options
  • 13-02-2010 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

the local taliban in the church beside the national school are sending home paper all the time in the daughter's school bag aimed at lassooing in the parents at the first communion,

first communion = opportunity to increase number who will Pay, Pray and Obey

filling in a fun work sheet from the bapbtism naming church and who was there and so on, it is like east germany during the stazi,

I filled in Fr. Crilly for the priest's name, as i don't remember him, do ya think they will shpot it? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

as long as you tell them that money was only resting in your ac to be moved on to the proper ac later,down with this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Is your child baptised and enrolled with the school as being babtised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

the baptism cert..shure I got it for them alone..why wouldna they have it,

at one of the pre communion masses I asked the youngster to count how many of the two classess had arrived to fill there bottles with holy magic water : 30 of 60 kids, :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

moonpurple wrote: »
    the baptism cert..shure I got it for them alone..why wouldna they have it,

at one of the pre communion masses I asked the youngster to count how many of the two classess had arrived to fill there bottles with holy magic water : 30 of 60 kids, :pac:

I cant see your problem, you signed your kid up to join the club and now your not happy that they are contacting the members?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

@OP

Why are you involved in the process?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Barname wrote: »
    Why are you involved in the process?
    +1

You got your kid in the school already - why keep playing along with the charade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I completely disagree with subscribing to a relgion for your child under false pretext to get them into a school and then complaining when that religion expects you and your child to partistpate. You child will be on the church records for ever as being baptised, even if they leave the church or convert else where or are excommunicated the church will have a record of them and count them amoung the number of christians/catholics in the country when lobbying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Some people are basically forced to get their kids baptised, i gave in to my mum, my now ex and extended family, school was not even in the equation i was going to send her to the educate together school but i do believe that if your not a practicing catholic why bother !

Advertisement