Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Brady Resigns

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

God, I hope he returns to RTE's panel. He's my favourite analyst. The only one not afraid of Dunphy's strops and I think he call's it as it is.

I wonder is there more to it than meets the eye regarding his step down from the Irish set-up. His excuse seems a bit wishy-washy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

"He's jumped the fence baby!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Thread title is a little misleading.

He hasn't 'resigned'. He's just not staying on after his current contract expires in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Can't be a good thing really.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Can't be a good thing really.
    Wat.

Trap and Tardelli know what they are at. all good.

CHD wrote: »
    Wat.

Trap and Tardelli know what they are at. all good.

Dunno, I think they need that Irish link. He'll need to be replaced.

JPA wrote: »
    Dunno, I think they need that Irish link. He'll need to be replaced.
    If anything we need rid of that Irish link. If Brady is ''that'' link then gooooooooood luck. Enjoy RTE buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah. I think Trap has it under control. Doesnt need the stabilizers anymore. I hope Brady comes back to RTE now. His stand-ins, apart from ronnie whelan whos not too bad and gets on with the lads, have been shít. Graeme "dont let anyone tell you otherwise Bill" Souness shouldnt be allowed into the country anymore!

If anything we need rid of that Irish link. If Brady is ''that'' link then gooooooooood luck. Enjoy RTE buddy.

Do you not like Liam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Agricola wrote: »
    Yeah. I think Trap has it under control. Doesnt need the stabilizers anymore. I hope Brady comes back to RTE now. His stand-ins, apart from ronnie whelan whos not too bad and gets on with the lads, have been shít. Graeme "dont let anyone tell you otherwise Bill" Souness shouldnt be allowed into the country anymore!

Ah, come on Whelan is awful. Comes out with the most awful ****e sometimes. Night of United's Champions League semi last year when looking at the line-up he says "I am glad Fergie hasn't rested any players with the big game against Liverpool at the weekend coming up" Yeah, because a league match when you're eight points clear is more important than semi-final of CL. :rolleyes:

Souness is pretty good if only for the fact you know he is going to flatten Dunphy some night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

yeah would be great to see chippy back on rte panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

He's not renewing his contract so that he can concentrate on his job as "director of youth development" at Arsenal. I think he'll be missed in the Irish set up and I was worried that he wouldn't renew his Arsenal contract. Very glad that that's not the case. He does great work for Arsenal.
    Wenger wrote:
    He is very important to us because he is in charge of the youth set-up here. You know how important that is at Arsenal Football Club so it is vital to keep our structure going."

I'd like to see him back on RTE too, he speaks sense (even if he is a little sensitive about Arsenal). Dunno how likely that is though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I remember it being said before that he would only do it for this campaign, that he wouldn't go past this contract. I think his primary role to familiarise Tardelli and Trap with the Irish setup more than anything else so they should be well ok to continue without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

jasonorr wrote: »
    I'd like to see him back on RTE too, he speaks sense (even if he is a little sensitive about Arsenal). Dunno how likely that is though!

a little sensitive? the guy got into some huff over the wenger commentary, i thought he was gonna cry, or take his ball and go home!

EDIT: still i'd take him over whelan any day of the week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

a little sensitive? the guy got into some huff over the wenger commentary, i thought he was gonna cry, or take his ball and go home!

EDIT: still i'd take him over whelan any day of the week!

I think he just had enough of Dunphy to be honest. I think Dunphy's great but, if I took him seriously, he'd drive me nuts too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

thank God he is gone. No loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

I remember it being said before that he would only do it for this campaign, that he wouldn't go past this contract. I think his primary role to familiarise Tardelli and Trap with the Irish setup more than anything else so they should be well ok to continue without him.

thats exactly what was said at the time, there is no need for two assistant managers now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

this about sums it up for me
    While he was beneficial to the irish set up he wont be missed IMO
    Good luck to him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Think we would benefit from another Irish link too tbh.

A number of factors for this, mainly being for translation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Think it might be useful to have an figure like Brady in the set-up in order to help encourage young lads to who qualify for Ireland under the granny rule to play for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭deisedude

If he does go back to RTE it would be interesting to see what he has to say about the Andy Reid situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

thank God he is gone. No loss

What, were you losing sleep over it or something?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

deisedude wrote: »
    If he does go back to RTE it would be interesting to see what he has to say about the Andy Reid situation
    And you can be sure Dunphy wouldn't let him say no comment!

And you can be sure Dunphy wouldn't let him say no comment!
    Has liam fully forgiven Dunphy for his "John Cleese"jibe at Wenger last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hope he comes back to RTE :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I think he could have had a case of George Lee syndrome. Trap got in Tardelli, he is his right hand man, I can imagine he didn't really value Brady's contribution. Just speculating here but that is the way I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

magma69 wrote: »
    I think he could have had a case of George Lee syndrome. Trap got in Tardelli, he is his right hand man, I can imagine he didn't really value Brady's contribution. Just speculating here but that is the way I see it.

Tardelli was always the number 2 to trapp. Brady was there purely to be that link between the fai/irish camp and the new management team. Brady playing in italy for a few years was that perfect choice...

You're way off the mark...

Seems simple enough. Irish job was clashing too much with his Arsenal job. Arsenal his home at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Xavi6 wrote: »
    "He's jumped the fence baby!!!!"

Damn you Xavi! :D

Maybe Brady had a "leave of absence" like George Lee...

Advertisement