Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Light is Sky

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Bolt82 wrote: »
    Who would be releasing chinese lanterns at about 2 or 3 in the morning? Im not saying they werent but the ones i saw didnt look like they were being controled by the wind which lanterns would be. One stayed exactly still while the other moved and changed directions.

Uh I dunno, chinese people?

What does it matter what time it was at? My friend used to set them off all the time in the middle of the night - just to provoke reactions like yours.

Trust me - it was most likely a chinese lantern. Orange glow, slow moving.. Chinese lantern all the way. Not to mention the fact it's the chinese new year - I've seen a good few of them alone this week.

If they weren't lanterns - what do you suggest they were?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bolt82

I saw two at the same time one moving and changing direction which could be caused by the wind maybe but the other was staying in the very same place. So if one was movning cause of the wind why wasnt the other moving too? I saw mine about 3 or 4 months ago. Thats a long chinese new year :rolleyes:

I dont know what they were. Since im from rosslare the first thing i thought of was a flare from the sea but then i saw the second one.

I suppose thats why they are called UFOs They are unidentified flying objects. Im not sayin they are aliens or what ever but i just dont think what i saw was a lantern or 2 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

dlofnep wrote: »
    Uh I dunno, chinese people?

What does it matter what time it was at? My friend used to set them off all the time in the middle of the night - just to provoke reactions like yours.

Trust me - it was most likely a chinese lantern. Orange glow, slow moving.. Chinese lantern all the way. Not to mention the fact it's the chinese new year - I've seen a good few of them alone this week.

If they weren't lanterns - what do you suggest they were?

But it wasn't a "glow". It was like a big orange star. I've seen videos and pics of loads of lanterns on the web today and it was nothing what so ever like what I saw. Are you reading the whole thread at all? :rolleyes:

I saw two at the same time one moving and changing direction which could be caused by the wind maybe but the other was staying in the very same place. So if one was movning cause of the wind why wasnt the other moving too?

One could have caught by a gust of wind.
    I saw mine about 3 or 4 months ago. Thats a long chinese new year :rolleyes:

So what? They are let off all throughout the year.
    I dont know what they were. Since im from rosslare the first thing i thought of was a flare from the sea but then i saw the second one.

Maybe it was two flares? I doubt a flare would move slowly across the sky however.

Wizard007 wrote: »
    But it wasn't a "glow". It was like a big orange star. I've seen videos and pics of loads of lanterns on the web today and it was nothing what so ever like what I saw. Are you reading the whole thread at all? :rolleyes:

Maybe it was a closer lantern?

• Advertisement

Maybe it was a closer lantern?

I'm not even going to look at that video.

IT
    WAS
    NOT
    A
    LANTERN
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

One could have caught by a gust of wind.
    The two were beside eachother when the moving one changed direction so a gust of wind would have moved both if it moved one

So what? They are let off all throughout the year.
    So people say that they are being let off now cause now is the chinese new year. Not when i saw them. Thats why i said that.

Maybe it was two flares? I doubt a flare would move slowly across the sky however.
    As i said i dont know what it was, all im saying is i know what it wasnt and dont know what it was. Thats all.

As i said i dont know what it was, all im saying is i know what it wasnt and dont know what it was. Thats all.

Exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Wizard007 - you're beginning to sound like David Vincent...if I was you I would barricade myself in and wait for the balloon to go up as like in all the best movies nobody ever believes the whistleblower until it's too late. Back from the Twilight Zone (Ireland v France) more terrible than anything than anything that may fall from the sky and I promise I won't post here again, really. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xsjado

LMFAO reading this thread :D

lads, calm down, they were lanterns. friends of mine set them off that night. END of.

• Advertisement

Wizard007 - you're beginning to sound like David Vincent...if I was you I would barricade myself in and wait for the balloon to go up as like in all the best movies nobody ever believes the whistleblower until it's too late. Back from the Twilight Zone (Ireland v France) more terrible than anything than anything that may fall from the sky and I promise I won't post here again, really. :D

Sorry about Ireland and France, terrible outcome :mad:

I'm not going to barricade myself in cos I'm not afraid of them at all :)

You see, some of the above are convincing themselves that they were lanterns cos they do not want to even begin to believe that there is something out there.

Like Bolt said, I don't know what it was, but I do know what it wasn't. Just because it is the opinion of some people that it was a lantern that doesn't mean it was, they didn't see what I saw. And I don't care really.

I'm not even going to look at that video.

IT
    WAS
    NOT
    A
    LANTERN
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see it up close to verify that?

No I didn't. I saw what was like a big orange star and travelling at a solid steady pace. Not a lantern.

How can you be so sure that what I saw was a lantern? You weren't standing in my lawn?

Did you see it close up to verify it was a lantern?

No I didn't. I saw what was like a big orange star and travelling at a solid steady pace. Not a lantern.

That sounds exactly like a lantern.
    How can you be so sure that what I saw was a lantern? You weren't standing in my lawn?

I can't be sure of anything. I can only go by your description. It sounds like a lantern. You seem convinced that it's not, without stating exactly why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Op, why did you bother posting this? What do you want people to say?

"I saw a bright orange light travelling at a steady pace across the sky. What was it?"
    "It was a chinese lantern"
    "No it wasn't. What was it?"
    "Really, a chinese lantern"
    "A chinese lantern"
    "no it wasn't. What was it?"

WIZARD007 - it was lantern. i already told you friends of mine set them off that night, he and his friends have never laughed so much from reading this thread and all the fuss made abaout it. in fact, showed a few friends in the pub last night, we al had a good laught about it really.

hes willing to set more off for you, any time and in the same area if you want to SHOW you that thats what they were.

Get your head out of the clouds ;)

You seem convinced that it's not, without stating exactly why.

Because I've youtubed and googled lanterns half to death and I have not seen anything that even remotely looks like what I saw.

Why are you so convinced that it was a lantern?

xsjado wrote: »
    WIZARD007 - FFS, it was lantern. i already told you friends of mine set them off that night, he and his friends have never laughed so much from reading this thread and all the fuss made abaout it. in fact, showed a few friends in the pub last night, we al had a good laught about it really.

hes willing to set more off for you, any time and in the same area if you want to SHOW you that thats what they were.

Don't bother. Stay in the pub for yourself.

My head is not in the clouds smart ar$e.

wizard007.....:confused:

facepalm.jpg

no, actually...

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

• Advertisement

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Op, why did you bother posting this? What do you want people to say?

"I saw a bright orange light travelling at a steady pace across the sky. What was it?"
    "It was a chinese lantern"
    "Really, a chinese lantern"
    "A chinese lantern"
    "no it wasn't. What was it?"

Because I wanted to know if anyone else saw anything. That's all. You're not very nice are you?

Because I've youtubed and googled lanterns half to death and I have not seen anything that even remotely looks like what I saw.

Why are you so convinced that it was a lantern?

You said it looked like an orange star. That's exactly what Lanterns look like. Anything high in the sky, that has something burning in it will resemble an orange star.

So if it was just an orange star, it means there was no detail - just a central point of lighting flickering - which moved slowly across the sky. Sounds exactly like a Lantern. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chiarrai

xsjado wrote: »
    WIZARD007 - it was lantern. i already told you friends of mine set them off that night, he and his friends have never laughed so much from reading this thread and all the fuss made abaout it. in fact, showed a few friends in the pub last night, we al had a good laught about it really.

Hey xsjado,
    You don't know me I'm from Kerry but we know the same guy who set them off there that night (surfer) :D PMSL !!!!!
    He sent it on to me via Cork yesterday and everyone has been breakin' their s#ite laughin' ever since :D

The 007 chick can't be told man, lol

Immaturity at its best!!!

no, facepalm at its best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

yeah it was glow of lights from that awesome city they call Dublin
    I know this sounds daft, and no I was not drinking.

I live half way between Gorey and Arklow. At about 1am a big bright orange light rose from the west and went across the sky and went off to the south. It was travelling slow enough and was really really bright, like a really big star but orange. It was just below the cloud line. I rang Astronomy Ireland this morning and the guy said it was a chineese latern, one of these things people leave off at parties, ah no it wasn't. It was too slow to be a meteor. It wasn't an aircraft.

Did anyone else see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It was those magnificent men in their flying machines!

**** lads - report the posts if they are getting this moronic.

Thread locked, trolls infracted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement