Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5530 and WLAN

• 13-02-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Got myself a 5530 but cannot get it to the internet via my wifi at home. It connects ok but that's it. Keep getting the 'no gateway reply' msg.

Anyone know how to fix this?.

Tx in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

In the wlan search, when you connection appears, you click 'start browsing' what happens?

Have you a WEP security on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Davy wrote: »
    In the wlan search, when you connection appears, you click 'start browsing' what happens?

Have you a WEP security on?

I get the Web: no gateway reply message

Yes WEP is on but I am able to get the phone 'connected' just can't browse the internet. Any ideas?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I get the Web: no gateway reply message

Yes WEP is on but I am able to get the phone 'connected' just can't browse the internet. Any ideas?.

Its hard to say exactly whats causing it, but change the WEP to 26 digit, then the 13 and try it. Or you do have mac filtering on your router?

Advertisement