Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden Rally 2010 WRC Round 1

• 13-02-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

Well the Sweden rally is underway at the moment, after SS11 Hirvonen is leading by 6 seconds over Loeb but Loeb seems to be gaining on the finn. Boland had to pull out yesterday after his gearbox went but I think he's running today again. There's a live feed from one of the cars over on http://www.ramonarallying.com/Default.aspx Doesn't seem to be working atm. Hopefully Hirvonen can keep Loeb at bay, a win for the finn on the opening should be a great boost for him :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Raikkonen going well. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Has he fired it off yet?

aye on the 1st day lost 30 mins i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

amacachi wrote: »
    Raikkonen going well. :pac:
    Boland was infront of him after yesterdays stages, looked weird on the results table :p

Hirvonen's still leading after SS14 by 15 seconds from Loeb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Hirvonen finishes the day 16.6sec ahead of Loeb :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

It appears setanta and dave have the english and irish telivsion rights this year. Looks like i'll have to try RTL or Rai on foreign satellite as I dont have either english channels.

Complete list telivision rights holders are here:

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=2a0.

I see Raikkonen got stuck in the snow yesterday. Not a great start for him. I wish he'd stayed in F1 and signed with Mclaren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭dunlopwellies

recyclebin wrote: »
    It appears setanta and dave have the english and irish telivsion rights this year. Looks like i'll have to try RTL or Rai on foreign satellite as I dont have either english channels.

Complete list telivision rights holders are here:

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=2a0.

I see Raikkonen got stuck in the snow yesterday. Not a great start for him. I wish he'd stayed in F1 and signed with Mclaren.

There is one hour coverage every evening on Motors TV but its fairly bad. The presenter is POOR enough too.

Hopefully Hirvonen will be able to hold of Loeb tomorrow, but I can see Loeb taking second for the sake of points, he's not the type to aim for first or nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

That list I linked for the TV rights for WRC seems to be out of date. As Dunlopwellies said it's on Motors TV which I don't have. I can't find any mention of it on S4C, RTL or RAI. Does anyone know any satellite channels in europe thats showing it free to air (FTA)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Hirvonen wins :D:D:D:D

http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=6970&desc=BREAKING+NEWS%3A+Hirvonen+wins+in+Sweden!+

Pos No Driver Time Diff 1st
    1. 3 Mikko HIRVONEN 3:09:30.4 0.0
    2. 1 Sébastien LOEB 3:10:12.7 +42.3
    3. 4 Jari-Matti LATVALA 3:10:45.8 +1:15.4
    4. 2 Dani SORDO 3:12:12.0 +2:41.6
    5. 7 Sébastien OGIER 3:13:45.7 +4:15.3
    6. 6 Henning SOLBERG 3:14:53.8 +5:23.4
    7. 12 Matthew WILSON 3:17:24.3 +7:53.9
    8. 15 Mads ÖSTBERG 3:18:52.6 +9:22.2
    9. 11 Petter SOLBERG 3:19:47.9 +10:17.5
    10. 49 P-G ANDERSSON 3:21:39.3 +12:08.9

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Brilliant !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭irishjim111

good start for FORD AND MIKKO i hope he can do it this year not because i hate loeb i dont iu seen leob in cork 20 and hes the best driver iv ever seen if u go on to you tube and cork 20 flyinfinn has a video it shows how good he is. but anyway mikko id like to see him do it cause hes a nice person i talked to him in cork and leob was a bit snobby so come on mikko great start i think he has to win all the gravel events cause loeb will win france spain germmany and bulgairia there all tarmac events

iv dave recorded i watched it on moters tv its great to have an hour of rallying but the commentater is annoying not as good as the other guy on euro sport, i was suprised how petter solberg done so badly i like him but hes gone his best id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Mikko had an absolutely great drive..made Seb look a little average!

As a Kimi fanatic, i was hoping for great things, but i suppose...first WRC rally in a WRC car, on gravel, and he finished, and showed potential..

nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

ottostreet wrote: »
    on gravel Snow,

FYP, though they were through to the gravel in some parts of stages and running order :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Fredrick

Myself and 2 mates were over there for it, great times had. I got talking to Mikko for a minute at the ceremony and got a nice autograph :D Kimi Räikkönen seems to be a bit of a drip and needs to lighten up.

Fredrick wrote: »
    Myself and 2 mates were over there for it, great times had. I got talking to Mikko for a minute at the ceremony and got a nice autograph :D Kimi Räikkönen seems to be a bit of a drip and needs to lighten up.
    Kimi certainly doesn't like the media either, he just pushed them away when he was getting out of the car, dunno if he'll last long in the WRC. It's completely different in almost every way to F1.

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Kimi certainly doesn't like the media either, he just pushed them away when he was getting out of the car, dunno if he'll last long in the WRC. It's completely different in almost every way to F1.

He was the same with the fans not pushing them away but totally ignoring them even his own fins. At one stage he was only a few feet away and just kept his back to us not even a glance?

Fredrick wrote: »
    He was the same with the fans not pushing them away but totally ignoring them even his own fins. At one stage he was only a few feet away and just kept his back to us not even a glance?
    I think he's way too used too formula 1 and never being that close to his fans. In rallying you can find yourself relying on your fans to push you out of a ditch or roll your car over so you can continue, I don't think Kimi realises this, he seems like a nice person but he needs to turn off his F1 way of thinking. Rallying is a completely different sport and to think that you can go from F1 to the WRC and finish in the top 10 is such a short space of time is madness. The only similarity between the two sports is that your still racing on 4 wheels. I'm sure he can be a real contender but it's gonna take a while.

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I think he's way too used too formula 1 and never being that close to his fans. In rallying you can find yourself relying on your fans to push you out of a ditch or roll your car over so you can continue, I don't think Kimi realises this, he seems like a nice person but he needs to turn off his F1 way of thinking. Rallying is a completely different sport and to think that you can go from F1 to the WRC and finish in the top 10 is such a short space of time is madness. The only similarity between the two sports is that your still racing on 4 wheels. I'm sure he can be a real contender but it's gonna take a while.

You may be right. I'd say hes definately gonna have a tough year though. If it wasnt for the snow banks in sweden his citroen would have been a right off. Yeah it will be interesting to see how he does on future rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

They wouldent help get him out on Friday :P They just stood there and took photos.. while he dug his car out.. Even his navi couldent help due to slowing down other cars..

• Advertisement

high heels wrote: »
    They wouldent help get him out on Friday :P They just stood there and took photos.. while he dug his car out.. Even his navi couldent help due to slowing down other cars..
    I wouldn't help him considering how he ignores his fans :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
    ottostreet wrote: »
    Mikko had an absolutely great drive..made Seb look a little average!

As a Kimi fanatic, i was hoping for great things, but i suppose...first WRC rally in a WRC car, on gravel, and he finished, and showed potential..

nice!

i cant belive how there giving him a full season and the guy from austrailia mmm the fella tthat had a massive accendent in wrc ire isint even considered be great if petter solberg who ws his team mate at suberu would give him his other car cause as far as i know he has 2 citrons at his exposal god cant think of that guys name daw??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Chris Atkinson is the chap you're thinking of. Is there any other station giving better coverage than Motors TV? It was like the commentator was at a funeral or something, feckin terrible! And maybe it was just for Sweden but there was hardly any roadside camera shots at all. The in car stuff is grand but the position of the camera so far back means the road's not very clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

Its on Setanta with paul king ( last years commentator ) every night and Dave on sunday at 6 which was very good this year..

Chris Atkinson is the chap you're thinking of. Is there any other station giving better coverage than Motors TV? It was like the commentator was at a funeral or something, feckin terrible! And maybe it was just for Sweden but there was hardly any roadside camera shots at all. The in car stuff is grand but the position of the camera so far back means the road's not very clear.

I AGREE BUD I WATCHED DAVE on sunday and it was alot better than moter tv i dont have setanta cause its a waste of money for 1 match a week so there showing highlights on that aswell. moters have a good 1 hour show of rallying but its all nearly onboard and as u said the commentater was bad to listen to i wish dave showed an hour of each day cause the guy that do be presenting it is alot better to watch than moters tv

high heels wrote: »
    Its on Setanta with paul king ( last years commentator ) every night and Dave on sunday at 6 which was very good this year..

paul king is a good fellow to listen to compare to the boring moters guy paul knows his stuff i hope they improve for the next round of rallying id love to see live stages like the monte carlo in the irc i watched that and it was the best bit of rallying i saw for ages pitty kris meeke went out but hopefully he,ll win the next round also he is doing more round this year than last so hopefully title no 2 will be on the way even though its a union jack on the car he,s irish like i hate that the brits they always do it like with acters colin farrell i see on bio cha that he oner of our own british acter i was what :eek: even sam j jackson said it on late late not so long ago the brits always when they see an acter doing great from ireland they claim hes a brit the nob heads

Advertisement