Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Insurance

• 13-02-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭

Questions on car insurance:

I left my car parked in my apartment car pack last night and it was damaged by another car. I discovered it this morning and called the gards. The person that hit my car was obviously drunk and did'nt hang around after the incident. The Gards said they will make enquries.

If the Gards are unable to find the driver of the vehicle which caused the damage:

Is this considered a hit and run?

If I claim of my insurance company will this affect my no claims bonus and my annual premium considering it was not my faulth that my car was damaged.

All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Did you check if there is cctv in the apartment car park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Speculator wrote: »

If the Gards are unable to find the driver of the vehicle which caused the damage:

Is this considered a hit and run?

If I claim of my insurance company will this affect my no claims bonus and my annual premium considering it was not my faulth that my car was damaged.

All advice appreciated.

Sorry to hear about your car.

If the other driver isn't found then it is a hit and run and you will lose your NCB (if you don't have it protected). It's a pain in the hole but that's the way it is unfortunately.

Advertisement