Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paralized guinea pigs

Options
  • 13-02-2010 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi again

i dont why this keeps happening to me but i bought 3 guinea pigs.
    1 - 2 y.o mother & her 2 offspring 1 y.os.

they have been fine until today when i went to see them.
    one of the pigs (1 y.o) is not moving & seems to have lost the use of her legs. the other (1 y.o) is wobbling slightly but not as bad as the first one.

im thinking about not getting guinea pigs again they seem to be full of health issues i have 2 rabbits that i have had for years now & no worries.

the guineas are kept in a heated room inside & its not scurvvy as i have them on vit C drops & high vit C burgess excel.

they are eating a little too.

please please halp i really dont want to lose them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Why haven't you taken them to the vets? Also where did you buy them from?
    Is there anything in the room that's being burned like essential oils or one of those plug in things or anything?

Could be a nasty infection or heart trouble you really need to treat any illness with a rabbit or guinea as an emergency and take them to the vets straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Also meant to say what types of food are they on?

Advertisement