Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casuals 20th February - Gamesnash LiveDunboyne

Options
  • 13-02-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

For both a change of Venue, and also as Gamesnash sponsored both the SFIV and 3rd strike comps at the last Lanparty and were also to sponser the next Lanparty, we're moving next Saturdays casuals down there.

The venue is far nicer and roomier than the XGC and looks like a great setup.

Displays are Samsun full HD, so lag is not an issue.

Dunboyne is less than an hour from Dublin on a bus, so isn't much of a trip.
    70/70a time table here

I'll be going, and won't miss the crazy heat of the xgc for a weekend.

So who's up for it (The sooner we know the better - Gamesnash seem to be busy these days so we want to get our names down.)

Will you be at Gamesnash? 16 votes

Yes! Screw you XGC, your brain-melting days are over
    0% 0 votes
    No! I'm scared to leave Dublin
    100% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm in!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Should be able to but will need a loaner of a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It'd be class if we managed to set this up as a regular event and Gamesnash procured a couple of TE sticks for us to play on (as from reading the site they cater to other peripherals, eg. music games). Would save the hassle of everyone needing to bring their stick (except for the freaks who play on octogate or whatever :pac:).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll be there.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I find this poll both offensive and racist! It should be held in power's pub in fine old Clarecastle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Should be able to but will need a loaner of a stick.

I will prob make it as well Beno so I can bring yours.

What time?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I'll try to make the time.........

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I'll definitely be there, along with TvC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Red350 wrote: »
    I'll definitely be there, along with TvC.
    Nice one, been meaning to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I Shall Attend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    (except for the freaks who play on octogate or whatever :pac:).

I can't NOT bring my baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

really gonna try to make it up for this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

sweet I wouldn't mind some games with yea, haven't really played you.

Btw terry could you bring that ps2 pad of yours, works better than my ps1 pad it seems I have my own converter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sisko wrote: »
    Btw terry could you bring that ps2 pad of yours, works better than my ps1 pad it seems I have my own converter too.

Remind me the day before!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'll be there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'll be there. It'll be nice to be comfortable while playing street fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'll go.

Anyone wanna meet up in Dub beforehand?

Also anywhere to get a cheap room around, if anyone fancies heading on the batter?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Does any one know if this is an hour north of dublin..If so it'd prob be too long of a drive from down here in the Waterford..Would love to head up though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Hi Banjob,

I'd say you would get there as quick as you would the city centre. It's about 8 minutes from the M50 at Blanchardstown. Coming from Waterford presume you end up hitting dublin at the Naas road ?? If you turn left straight onto the M50 you'd land in Dunboyne in 20 minutes max.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im in.

Anyone getting a bus or so? I havent a clue how to get there.

• Advertisement

Im in.

Anyone getting a bus or so? I havent a clue how to get there.

Directions / links to bus timetables and map here

Bus leaves you just before the main crossroads in Dunboyne town. Turn right at the lights and it's on your right hand side at the end of the shop units.

How much is the rental gonna cost anyways for each of us?

Suppose that depends on how many are coming. Normal rate is €4 per person or €7 per console per hour. I'd suggest an introductory offer for this week to see how things go of €4.50 per console per hour ?

Suppose that depends on how many are coming. Normal rate is €4 per person or €7 per console per hour. I'd suggest an introductory offer for this week to see how things go of €4.50 per console per hour ?

Comfort or not, we currently pay €2.50 per console per hour in XGC.

The thing it comes down to is space allocated to each console. XGC can give a console out at €2.50 because they have 60 plus consoles squeezed into the one area splitting the overheads that it costs to run the venue. In the space that 10 consoles use up in Gamesnash Live XGC would have 30 - 40 squeezed in. €2.50 per hour is not a rate that a venue like Gamesnash Live can match.

Gamesnash are charging an offer of 4.50, but in XGC we pay 2.50.

Since we are scouting the room more than anything with hopes of moving to a.... warmer... area to say the least, how about 3.50, a euro each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sorry for the blunt question but am I missing something? Pageant Messiah do you work for gamesnash?

On topic: I don't mind too much about the price since its we're just going for a nice change of venue and to mix things up, we're not permanently changing to gamenash.

I was smart enough to be born a Dubliner thus everything needs to be 10 mins away form me. :pac:

*hides before the bogger backlash

Sorry for the blunt question but am I missing something? Pageant Messiah do you work for gamesnash?

On topic: I don't mind too much about the price since its we're just going for a nice change of venue and to mix things up, we're not permanently changing to gamenash.

I was smart enough to be born a Dubliner thus everything needs to be 10 mins away form me. :pac:

Yes sorry I should have said that in the first place. :D This is my personal account. Pageant Messiah = an anagram of Gamesnash.ie Pat. ;)

Anyways on topic as such - we're well aware that from a location point alone we are not going to replace the XGC as a regular meeting point but I think what we can do is offer an occasional place for special occasions or just to mix it up a bit.

Where we're coming from is that our consoles need to be rented out at an average of €5.50 per hour at peak times to cover operating costs. ( allows for an average of single players @ €4 and players sharing @ €7.00 ) Our regular customers coming in off the street would be paying €7.00 for any consoles. At the same time you guys are boardsies, have a bit of purchasing power ;) and if you were coming out on a regular basis for multiple hours would warrant a discount hence the €4.50 rate.

I hear where you're coming from in regards to a scouting situation as well so acknowledging the trial that you're coming from if we were to leave it at the single person rate of €4.00 per hour and see what you guys think of the place - we're confident that you will be happy with the price versus what you get for it. As I said we're not going to be able to replace the XGC for location and ultimately price too but we can be a destination for special occasions.

Has anyone made our booking yet or have you reserved any consoles for us yet Pat.

We'll be down either way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

... O_o

Now I know you didn't just call me a bogger!

Advertisement