Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casuals 20th February - Gamesnash LiveDunboyne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Has anyone made our booking yet or have you reserved any consoles for us yet Pat.

We'll be down either way.

It was mentioned in the other thread of 3 consoles from 2.00pm. Normally that would be 9 people at max but from what I can tell you guys normally share consoles among more people. That's no major issue either way.

Ideally we need to know what time you would be staying to, and which consoles you'd be looking at. We have a min of 5 consoles available at any time on Sat as things stand so there should be no issues. If you settle on how many you need and what consoles you want we will hold them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

If the fifteen stays steady the I would say we 5 consoles would be best. However we can probaly make do with whatever is available.

As for distribution I would think that one playstation and however many x-boxes are available. We may want a Wii but I can't say for certain.

Starting from two we would normally play until about 6 or 7. However if it's as comfy as you make out then we may not want to leave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    ... O_o

Now I know you didn't just call me a bogger!

But, but I was hiding!

Nah I was not referring to you :)

Sure everyone from outside Dublin is a Bogger coffee.gif

*hides even better this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

As I said we're not going to be able to replace the XGC for location and ultimately price too but we can be a destination for special occasions.

Saturdays ARE a special occasion, it's St.Street Fighters Day every saturday!:pac:

@Chopper na i haven't booked yet, if you want me to do it i'll book the 5 consoles that HMUYA said would do us?

And yeah 4.00 sounds fair enough? See how it goes & we'll pay the price depending on how well it goes this week? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I meant Pat from Gamesnash and not yourself.

• Advertisement

Yeah got that after i posted, but was already on a different site and CBA to come edit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Everytime at XGC i say it but it seems to get ignored. but we need to be renting more consoles damnit!

seriously though at xgc theres no excuse for having more than 2 people a console for the most part.

Gamesnash is different, and spectating will be more enjyable etc. but we still don't want to stray above 3 a console too far.

How many consoles are availible? and in what flavors.

TL;DR I spend 30 odd quid getting there + food i dont mind spening a few extra quid on games, if it mens i get to play.
    I'll personally rent a console if it helps, maybe if a few commit to this it will help, maybe not...

deposits needed?

Everytime at XGC i say it but it seems to get ignored. but we need to be renting more consoles damnit!

seriously though at xgc theres no excuse for having more than 2 people a console for the most part.

It's very rare that we need that many consoles. Often when we do get lots of consoles, half the time there will be consoles sitting unused.
    There's two reasons for this :
    1) Logistics. We cannot supply the needed sticks/pads/consoles for everyone to be able to play at all times.
    2) Attitudes. Most people don't want to sit and play for the entire time we are there. They want to chat, watch matches, get food etc.

As I've said I believe that one console for every three people is about optimum.
    TL;DR I spend 30 odd quid getting there + food i dont mind spening a few extra quid on games, if it mens i get to play.
    I'll personally rent a console if it helps, maybe if a few commit to this it will help, maybe not...

Having said the above I understand that your not from dublin and with travel it's more expensive for you to come along so you don't want to be sitting around, not playing. However I've never had a problem getting in on a game when I've wanted to play (except in those cases where we don't have enough sticks for whatever reason). If it comes then you rent another console as long as their is someone else waiting to play (this probaly won't be possible at Gamesnash, as we will probaly running off a preset number of consoles)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Might be an idea to rent 1 ps3 for logisticks (see what I did there?) reasons.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Morning lads - have my official cap on now :D

We had already reserved 3 consoles for you anyway so they're a definite. :)

The way Saturday is shaping up we have a party booking in for 5.00 - 6.30 which will take out 5 consoles in the party room.

Won't be an issue if you want to increase it to 5 consoles yourselves from 2.00-5.00 or from 7-8 if you're still there and havent headed off on the batter :) but for the time of the party we might need to reclaim one just to have something available for anybody else floating around.

What I think would be the best for you is if we give you the main area ..

venue2s.jpg

which gives you plenty of room spectating wise and won't mean having to move consoles / rooms for when the party comes in. We can set the consoles up anyway you want within there as they are all movable. At the moment in that area there are 3 Xboxes and 2 PS3's - the Wiis are in the party room. If it was a case that you were planning to play TvC for the entire time we'd bring a Wii over but if it's a couple of hours only that could be done earlier in the day over in the other room.

In terms of games we don't have multiple copies of SF4 so if you could bring your own discs it would make things bit easier ( I know you do this in XGC anyway but don't want to end up with a letdown on Sat ) Controls wise we have the standard wireless controllers for Xbox, and have classic controllers for the Wii if needed.

Lastly a confession - I couldn't resist voting in the poll so your results are compromised :o:D

• Advertisement

@ Pat

Can we bring our own Hard Drives to use on the 360's?

Not liking having to unlock everyone AGAIN :(

And will there be a PS3 in that booking?

Xinkai wrote: »
    @ Pat

Can we bring our own Hard Drives to use on the 360's?

Not liking having to unlock everyone AGAIN :(

And will there be a PS3 in that booking?

No probs with using your own hard drives. Up to yourselves how many and what consoles you want once they are available. From what I've read here I think one PS3 / 2 Xboxes and a Wii for TvC would make sense. If you needed a 5th console it could be another Xbox. We're flexible with what we can do with the consoles for the parties either way and that's not saying you can't swap consoles during the day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

ARRRGGHHH, there's an all day gig on Saturday I was going to go to. Totally forgot. Going to have to do some soul searching tonight and make my mind up which I'm going to!

Jim wrote: »
    ARRRGGHHH, there's an all day gig on Saturday I was going to go to. Totally forgot. Going to have to do some soul searching tonight and make my mind up which I'm going to!

Cannes is only a few eeks away...

Jim, what's more important, SF that's there for life, or a gig which is for 1 day only? I say go to the gig you'd kick yourself when you hear the stories. There'll be more GS outings.

On another note i think i have a couple of more people coming down for BB at GSL, are we still ok for numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Turns out im gettin a tooth out friday, gotta nurse that extraction on sat instead'a drivin to dublin.. :( . Looks like a cool place though.. When's the next ranbat's on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No probs with using your own hard drives. Up to yourselves how many and what consoles you want once they are available. From what I've read here I think one PS3 / 2 Xboxes and a Wii for TvC would make sense.

N1, bit of a cheeky question but do people play much SF4 there anyway? On ps3? Wondering if any of the PS3s you have might have the chars unlocked or not. Cause if one does obviously it'd be nice to have that one :D hehe

I'm really looking forward to this actually. Place looks sweet, I shall bring my camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Looks legit wish I could make it but all tapped out as of now and just waiting for the next ranbat

Next time for sure

I probably go to gigs more than Street Fighter related events, so its no biggy if I miss one. Atm the moment Street Fighter is looking the better option as I wouldn't spend the entry fee / drinking all day.

Jim wrote: »
    I probably go to gigs more than Street Fighter related events, so its no biggy if I miss one. Atm the moment Street Fighter is looking the better option as I wouldn't spend the entry fee / drinking all day.

Wait! What? No-one told me this. I thought we were going for the parties?

• Advertisement

Sisko wrote: »
    N1, bit of a cheeky question but do people play much SF4 there anyway? On ps3? Wondering if any of the PS3s you have might have the chars unlocked or not. Cause if one does obviously it'd be nice to have that one :D hehe

I'm really looking forward to this actually. Place looks sweet, I shall bring my camera.

Not a cheeky question at all - tbh very little SF4 played on site ( blasphemy that it might be but Tekken 6 is more popular :p - and I'm not 100% sure if there is a copy on PS3 there at the moment ( if not we will get one in before Sat ) If you wanted to bring your saved game file on a memory stick it could be loaded on though ??

Unfortunately the "copy protection feature" of PS3s which prevents all trophies being unlocked by copying a save file also prevents things like unlocked characters, colours, etc.

If you want to spend some time unlocking characters you're more than welcome to do so.

It doesn't take that long: http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/jan/25/unlockable-characters-trophies-achievements-ps3-xbox-360-street-fighter-4/

Unfortunately the "copy protection feature" of PS3s which prevents all trophies being unlocked by copying a save file also prevents things like unlocked characters, colours, etc.

Didn't realise it blocked unlocked characters. Suppose it does make sense when you think about it. Guess that's out of the window so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well The only unlockable characters that get alot of play in our group are Akuma and Cammy I believe. Shouldn't take long to unlock those two.

We have people who play sakura, Fei long, etc. too but I'm not sure if they are coming so It might not be a big deal if we have a ps3 which dpesn't have all the cast.

You have to unlock everyone before unlocking Akuma >< minus Goken and Seth

I reckon it'll be alright. We'll have all the characters on the xboxs so we can leave the playstation as an "arcade" machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

anyone have a copy of CVS2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

i do but wont be there =[

anyone have a copy of CVS2?

Only the EO xbox version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Anyone wana hop the bus with me!? :P

Advertisement