Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should the deeply religious and creationist be allowed vote or work for the Gov

• 13-02-2010 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Should the deeply religious and creationists be allowed vote or work for the gov. If someone cannot tell the difference between reality and a delusion, should they be allowed to inflict the rest of us with the stupid choices they make every day. Should someone with a super delusion (opus dei members) be allowed to make policy for government.

(Obviously the government we have are completely incompetent anyway to begin with)

I would like to know a wide variety of opinions on this please.

Appeal to mods. I posted another thread here about how many atheists live in ireland and it was moved to A+A.

This is a discussion for a wider audience.

I believe this country has failed its people by allowing the 2nd incarnation of the roman empire to control virtually all aspects of our lives.

If people are so delusional to believe the lies spread by this organisation who are the worlds leading paedophile network, the largest exporter of stolen children, largest assister of Senior Nazi's escaping germany, and the people STILL IN FCUKING CONTROL OF OUR PRIMARY SCHOOLS where they get to spread their lies unsupervised to the little mallable minds of a 5 year old.

We have absolute proof now that the bible is a work of stories over thousands of year.

Biblical scholars agree that they do not know who wrote the gospels, or the correct time frame.

The evidence is that the 1st gospel was written 70 - 100 years after the alleged JC. The other gospels are copies of this one.

Pope Liberius chose these 4 books out of a possible 72 and made the decision to canonise them in 400ad.

They invented Limbo, purgatory, celibacy, the word holy, the way they dress, none of the above are in the bible.

There is no historical evidence for Jesus.

jesusnevereisted.com

Please if you are religious ask your priest some of these questions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭DogmaticLefty

No. A little checkbox should be on all employment applications.

I say make them wear an armband too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Once we've taken care of of them, we need only worry about the united atheist alliance and the united atheist league...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This is why I wont call myself an atheist, and consider myself as someone who just does believe in a god. /shakes head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Has rohatch being reincarnated or something?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Once we've taken care of of them, we need only worry about the united atheist alliance and the united atheist league...

Spliters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Bigot much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

We'll leave discrimination and bigotry to the religious, thank you very much.

The only way to defeat ignorance is with education.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

thread fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

This exact thread was closed in AH a couple of hours ago.

Is the OP so delusional that he thinks its going to get a better response here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭DogmaticLefty

Ah yes, the aul "we've never organised" therefore we have done no wrong line of thought.

Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth either eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭allisbleak

I am disappointed by responces so far.

The only way to defeat ignorance is with education.

I agree.

But what if your educational system is controlled by the most ignorant.

There is no evidence for religion.
    calex71 wrote: »
    This is why I wont call myself an atheist, and consider myself as someone who just does believe in a god. /shakes head
    I don't understand this.
    dvpower wrote: »
    This exact thread was closed in AH a couple of hours ago.

Is the OP so delusional that he thinks its going to get a better response here?

It was going to be moved anyway. I was hoping to have a broader discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

allisbleak wrote: »
    I was hoping to have a broader discussion.

Based on what ? What you originally posted? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Basically we think that in the interest of feeding dogmaticlefty's and other close minded theists preconceptions about atheists we think we should leave this forum to you so that their minds can easily be put to rest knowning that their gut feeling induced initial understandings of atheists were accurate.

So to answer* your question:
    NO!!!!!

*Answer given may not reflect the actual views of this poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

In an ideal world it would'nt happen but you can't stop people from being eligble to vote or hold office because of personal beliefs,that's a dangerous slope and we have had a history of such practices in this country. However once in office a person should not be allowed to make laws based on obvious religious belief. You can only change the voters minds be debating and raising these issues. Views such as the OPs are counter productive,imo, and lead to accusations of militant atheism.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This thread is not becoming of this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement