Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone missing a dog?

Options
  • 13-02-2010 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

There is a dog wandering around the park at the moment, I think I saw the same dog oustide superquinn last night without an owner. Im not sure what kind of dog it is, some kind of collie maybe, its got white and sandy brown colurings and is very fluffy, it doesn't have a collar. I called it over when I was outside my house and it came over but didn't seem to be needy and it just walked off again after a minute, wasn't really looking for human contact which I would expect if it was lost. Just seems odd for a dog to be wandering around with no owner??...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

It lives in the neighbouring estate and wanders the town at will. It's in Charlesland a lot, but I saw it in the village in the other day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

It lives in the neighbouring estate and wanders the town at will. It's in Charlesland a lot, but I saw it in the village in the other day as well.

He said hello to me last night aswell. Then trotted off, not a care in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

And ran in front of traffic on the spine road yesterday morning, nearly ending his adventure.

And ran in front of traffic on the spine road yesterday morning, nearly ending his adventure.

Saw him 3 more times today in various parts of Charlesland.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

Is he like a "Lassie" dog?

• Advertisement

Clodagh84 wrote: »
    Is he like a "Lassie" dog?

He/she looks the same as pic.

lassie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

I met him yesterday outside Superquinn. He looked like a doggie on a mission!! He had no interest in being petted or rubbed

G.MAN wrote: »
    I met him yesterday outside Superquinn. He looked like a doggie on a mission!! He had no interest in being petted or rubbed[/QUOT

Hmmm, I know that dog...He is actually not the full deck of cards, hence not being interested in being petted... Not vicious or anything, just a sandwich short of a picnic!

Hasn`t anyone called the Dog Warden yet? He could cause a traffic accident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

pounds like a cool little chap. Hopefully he doesnt walk out in front of cars and hurts himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

yeah he's a cool dog, think he's lost though cos every time i see him/her there's no stopping to say hello, looks like he's trying to find home.

Beautiful dog mind you, did anyone notice if he had a collar?

• Advertisement

He's not too cool if you're out walking a smaller dog yourself.

He's not too cool if you're out walking a smaller dog yourself.

What does he do?

What does he do?

He attempts to lure them into the superquinn car park with tins of chum and stories of unused trees.

He's a wrong'un for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

lol at the above, but I think I know where Cousin is coming from - I think this dog is lonely and bored and tends to follow anyone out walking a dog. He bit one of mine on the ear, not a serious bite but because dogs have lots of blood vessels in their ears - All The Better To Hear You With My Dear - my dogs ear bled and bled, had to get it stitched.

My dogs were on the lead and he kept following us, would not go away, and because he was dancing around us barking, mine got bit threatened, barked back and then he nipped the ear. I dont walk down through Charlesland with mine anymore because of him, I drive and park off the SAR to walk them.

I also had to come to the rescue of a woman out with her own two dogs and her toddler in a buggy, he just would not leave them alone and her dogs were getting wound up.

He's a funny dog etc but just beware I suppose that he can get a bit excitable.

What does he do?

He won't leave you alone.

Our dog (a terrier) was attacked and nearly killed by a huge dog (accompanied by its owner but not on a lead) last year on the green in Charlesland, so she gets a bit freaked by big dogs that constantly come after her and won't leave her alone.

Saw him again last night in the Park around 9. He looks very healthy and not dirty so he must be going home to somewhere every night.

Someone told me he lives in the estate across the stream from Charlesland. His name's Doug and his owners have always had a roaming collie called Doug; when one meets his maker, they get another.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Someone told me he lives in the estate across the stream from Charlesland. His name's Doug and his owners have always had a roaming collie called Doug; when one meets his maker, they get another.

Maybe they might change their mind when the Dog Warden picks him up.

Yes, he lives over there, but his name is Max, and they have never had one of these lassie-type dogs before.

Yes, he lives over there, but his name is Max, and they have never had one of these lassie-type dogs before.

Really? So there's two different dog owners over there who let their big collies roam around Greystones all day?

Or maybe it's just Max's owners. Perhaps Max was mistaken for Doug, who, actually is kept at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Is either Max or Doug the dog that apparently goes around Charlesland opening doors?

Rasmus wrote: »
    Is either Max or Doug the dog that apparently goes around Charlesland opening doors?

I do believe that is Max...I wonder is he looking for a a classy girlfriend?? :D

Really? So there's two different dog owners over there who let their big collies roam around Greystones all day?

Or maybe it's just Max's owners. Perhaps Max was mistaken for Doug, who, actually is kept at home.

I have heard that Max should really be called "Houdini", such are his abilities in "escape artistry"!

Advertisement