Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropped laptop :(

• 13-02-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Dropped a laptop yesterday. Now when i turn on it goes to black microsft screen with option to start windows or repair windows. If you pick either it goes to microsft loading screen then goes black and nothing after that. Any ideas what it could. Checked the ram is sitting right. Thanks for help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hard drive is probably boned. Fixed one recently with the exact same issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

You could try burning and booting a live linux cd like Knoppix (or put it on a bootable USB stick), and see if you can get the system to startup ok. There are tools in Knoppix for testing the hard drive - plently of info about the net if you google with the appropriate keywords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Thanks knoppixs worked and I was able to get all my files off it. Will prob just try reinstall windows now and see if it works.

Advertisement