Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long should 250euro home heating oil last?

• 13-02-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭

how long would 250 of home oil last in a small house? got tank filled in december..only asked for 250 worth in 1000ltr tank...they removed surplus other night and tank is now empty - no dockets left from oil company...would i have used 250euro in last 2 months? only on at night for 2/3 hours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,616 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It seems quite possible that you could have used that much, 250 is a bit over half a tank. The weather has been very cold, and only using it for a few hours an evening the system has to get warm from cold each time. What temperature do you have it set on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

I use a full tank of 1100 ltr in 4 months over the Winter,
    and another tank in 8 months for Spring/Summer/Autumn,
    so I would use a half tank in 2 months in the Winter.
    But I have the heating on for more than 2/3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

easy to do mate. i use that much meself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Code Red

Sounds about right to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,385 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It would be the higher end of useage for a small house given that it was relatively cheap 2 months ago. Seeing as you only use it for a couple of hours, it sounds heavy. Do you have an old burner or an efficient new one. The really old ones can burn twice as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

turn it on and down to 45 deg...and leave it on 24-7....i did this in december...and it seemed to use very little, as the system is hot and just needs to top up every now and then

Advertisement