Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bolton 5th round

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Why did Defoe not take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Why did Defoe not take it?
    Because Defoe missed every other one this season

Replay at the lane so great second half performance Bale was very good again going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I've been so impressed with Bale. Wonder what'll happen with BAE now?! Devastated that we've had to add one more game to our haul, was hoping that City being in a replay that congestion will take focus off their chase for 4th, but now it doesnt really matter..

I actually wouldn't mind seeing BAE as left back and then put Bale on the left for some matches especially while we're missing Lennon's pace and stick modric or Kranjcar on the right

Was dissapointed we didn't see pav today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah we really could do without the extra game. I don't understand how we've missed so many penalties this season. I believe Nikko and Luka take penalties for Croatia so why not here? Thudd should have just buried it straight down the middle - that's what he does with nearly every shot he takes! Bale was very good though.

I really do think we seem to of run out of luck and while in this game you make your own luck the amount of penalty's we miss and the goal not given for offside against Liverpool peno not given in that game etc things just seem to be against us at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Happy enough with the draw after our poor first half showing,I don't go along with those who say the extra game will be a burden.Feck it we're only in two competitions surly we can handle that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

after the first half i was happy to take a draw.luka was very poor pulled out of a couple of challanges he needs smetng to spark him back to form.we should take care of them in a replay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

I actually wouldn't mind seeing BAE as left back and then put Bale on the left for some matches especially while we're missing Lennon's pace and stick modric or Kranjcar on the right

Was dissapointed we didn't see pav today

half agree with that. wouldnt mind seeing bale and BAE run the left side a couple of times but benley has been plying well since e got a cople of game on the bounce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

on the pens situation.

i personally was delighted defoe was not let near it.

we have a great pen taker, albeit he msses the odd one, but shifted him out on loan. robbie keane! i defy someone to disagree!

bale on pens maybe? sweet left boot.
    modric doe hit them for croatia. remember him scoring one and missing in the shoot out in a euro game(maybe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

this forum is beginning to annoy me with mickger just posting every 5 mins during a game about stuff that we all see when watching the match . mickger this forum is for match analysis, not running commentary. i look forward to post match banter on this site but when i log in and see 20 posts from you all through the match, its just annoying

anyway, played well in the second half today, yet another penalty miss. hudd looked a bag of nerves taking it, niko would be my choice for them or BAE when he comes back. you need confidence to take a spot kick

corluka had a shocker today, people went to town on jenas last week for him not making the tackle on the wolves player, corlukas efffort today was way worse, he was standing in front of him and just did nothing, it was pathetic to say the least

think we need to start niko for a few games, luka looks off the pace and the man just cant kick the ball with a bit of power. niko hits the target in almost every game and think we need a few goals from him.

great goal from defoe and good performance from king. a good result really, we will beat them back at the lane. i have a feeling the fa cup could be for us this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Firstly, enough of the match commentary, first and last time i'll ask, cheers.

I said beforehand i'd be glad with a replay and I still am. Shocking first half. I assume he took them to the cleaners at HT. Big improvement 2nd half. Arguably should have won it, but at least we are still in the hat.

London derby if we beat Bolton, doesn't get any easier.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Like most of us, I would have taken the draw at half time however, looking at the second half performance, I'm now disappointed that we didn't win it.

Modric had another below par performance but once again Bale did very well and looked our most dangerous going forward. I'd certainly consider playing him on the left flank with BAE covering left back position.

Imagine have Lennon on the right and Bale on the left. Could be a deadly combination.

IF we can get through against Bolton then we've another tough away draw to Fulham. Still, it could have been worse.

Spurs should not have won. The team should be happy with a draw - like Villa, unless they wanted to go out of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Spurs should not have won. The team should be happy with a draw - like Villa, unless they wanted to go out of the competition.

Well that's your opinion.

My own pre-match prediction was a draw but I feel we had plenty of chances to win the game in the second half. Poor Spurs finishing, the woodwork and decent keeper kept Bolton in the competion. C'est la vie.

Hopefully we can finish the job at WHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mickman wrote: »
    this forum is beginning to annoy me with mickger just posting every 5 mins during a game about stuff that we all see when watching the match . mickger this forum is for match analysis, not running commentary. i look forward to post match banter on this site but when i log in and see 20 posts from you all through the match, its just annoying

With all due respect, the forum exists for everyone to do theie own thing, if you have a problem with an inidvidual member and the way they post then contact the forum mods and we'll talk the issue through between ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Fair enough result in the end. We should have been 2 or 3 down at half time but a decent second half display should really have given us the win. We should turn them over at home. That said the draw for the next round could have been better. Away to Fulham is tricky enough. Reading or West Brom at home would have been nice :) Great to see Chelsea and City paired mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

awkwardboy wrote: »
    Fair enough result in the end. We should have been 2 or 3 down at half time but a decent second half display should really have given us the win. We should turn them over at home. That said the draw for the next round could have been better. Away to Fulham is tricky enough. Reading or West Brom at home would have been nice :) Great to see Chelsea and City paired mind you.
    Not a bad result in the end and a decent enough second half performance. Let's not looks past Bolton just yet. They're well capable of doing a Stoke/Wolves/Hull on us at WHL.

Another tough game in the quarters but hopefully Fulham will still be in Europa League at that stage (extra games for them to play).

I think Stoke will beat Man City at home. Either way it's good to see either them or Chelsea going out in next round.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

awkwardboy wrote: »
    Great to see Chelsea and City paired mind you.

You mean Chelsea and Stoke. Delap will slaughter City with his weapon at the Britannia. The stadium layout gives him a longer run-up. This table shows how he has had more success at the Britannia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Delap#Throw-ins

• Advertisement

Feburary 25th 8pm for the replay it's not on tv tho

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Advertisement