Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

re-using cidrs

• 13-02-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

wel lads just a bit of a money saving tip for those of u who use cidrs. they can be used successfully twice. when u remove them the first time wash them down leave them to dry and store them in a paper bag. before inserting second time dip them in a diluted iodine solution. friend told me this about 6 weeks back just removed 4 second used cidrs the other day and already 3 of them bulling this morning....CLASS!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I used to do that with cows when I was milking. It worked every time.
    I also found out the hard way that cidrs are useless with heifers because over half of them won't hold to the first service even though they were seen in heat before being served. Also you have to wait over 12 days before they come in heat. The last batch of heifers I had I tail painted them and watched them 3 times a day in 7 days half were inseminated. The rest got an estrumate injection and were served 3 to 4 days after. They all held to the first service.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Are these the t-shaped cidrs with the blue string?When washing them do you just run the tap on them of rub them off?
    Thanks

Advertisement