Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for decent doctor - Tullow/Myshall/Bunclody

Options
  • 13-02-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I am hoping someone can recommend a decent doctor in the above areas. The Health Centre in Tullow is a dead loss - no follow up for patients, no communication, not always clean, awful waiting room and general rudeness from reception.

Are there better options in the area please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I still go to my old family doctor in Myshall(Dr Blade) and i couldn't recommend him highly enough. Expect a long wait to see him because the waiting room is always pretty full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

super-rush wrote: »
    (Dr Blade) .

Coolest doctor name ever

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Noon

Hi Jacques
    I can agree, Dr Blade has a good reputation. If there is anthing in particular you need to see a consultant about I would highly recommend being referred to Aut Even hospital in Kilkenny (if you have private medical insurance). It is spotlessly clean, the staff are excellent, the food is really good and you will be seen within a couple of weeks instead of having to wait indefinitely to be seen in St Lukes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cantona1111

Dr Blade is very good, but you have to be prepared to wait, even when you get an evening appointment it still involves waiting, and I have to agree with the level of rudeness at the reception in tullow health centre, not worth the hassle goin in there

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

Thanks all. I shall check out the wonderfully-named Dr. Blade.

I am glad to see others agree about the rudeness in Tullow Health Centre. What I don't understand is why it's been allowed to go on for so long and wonder when they will do something about it.

They earn over a million euro a year from the medical card scheme alone, yet you feel like a parasite going in there. I'm not impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Thanks all. I shall check out the wonderfully-named Dr. Blade.

I am glad to see others agree about the rudeness in Tullow Health Centre. What I don't understand is why it's been allowed to go on for so long and wonder when they will do something about it.

They earn over a million euro a year from the medical card scheme alone, yet you feel like a parasite going in there. I'm not impressed.

Have you ever complained about it?
    Beit formal or informal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I have met Dr Blade only on a professional level and I thought he seemed very nice and on the ball I must say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Dr. Blade is my doctor, and very good he is too. his manner is very reassuring too!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

Yes, ShayK1 I have complained repeatedly and at length about the rudeness at the Health Centre but they obviously care so little about their patients that they refuse to do anything about it. I have also been told (by them) that I am only one in a long line of patients complaining, and that other patients are leaving because of the rudeness at reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fifi2010

Hadnt been to the health centre in a while because of level of rudness from a particular person. Had no choice one day but to go there and was surprised to see a new staff member!! I must say i found her very pleasant and kind and there is never a problem getting an appointment (when she answers the phone)!! It's nice to sit in that waiting room and see someone smiling from behind the desk!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Number 10 Shirt

I am hoping someone can recommend a decent doctor in the above areas. The Health Centre in Tullow is a dead loss - no follow up for patients, no communication, not always clean, awful waiting room and general rudeness from reception.

Are there better options in the area please?

Dr Fitzgerald in Bunclody is very good.The laneway down to his surgery is beside the Garda station in Carrigduff.

Advertisement