Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thread not showing???

Options
  • 13-02-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

hi all. i recently posted a thread called "Anyone recognize this van" in which i posted cctv stills of a white van stealing a car. the purpose of this was to help a friend get his car back, but the thread hasn't appeared yet. i got the "thanks for posting. your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting" message, but that was two days ago.

can somebody help??
    or am just being needlessly impatient.
    thanks in advance.
    sean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Where did you post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

in the ranting and raving forum. sorry if it was in the wrong place, but i couldn't find anywhere else to post it....:confused:

You couldn't have picked a worse forum to post it. :D Lots of angry people there, it wasn't really appropriate for that forum.

Having said that, I don't know if there would be any forum suitable for that kind of thread. I would imagine it would open up all kind of legal and data protection issues. I am not a legal eagle, so I am open to correction on this.

Your best bet for something like that would be to set up your own web page somewhere and put a link in your signature.

does that mean its not going up then?

bud1970 wrote: »
    does that mean its not going up then?

Well, yes. It certainly isn't appropriate for Ranting and Raving, and I honestly can't think of what forum would be appropriate for it.

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Well, yes. It certainly isn't appropriate for Ranting and Raving, and I honestly can't think of what forum would be appropriate for it.
    if i can't put it up directly, can i link to a thread with the pictures in it??

bud1970 wrote: »
    if i can't put it up directly, can i link to a thread with the pictures in it??

Do you mean linking to a thread on another site? If not, what kind of link do you mean?

I wouldn't see a problem with a link to another site, if that is what you are talking about. So go for it. :)

thank you sir. much obliged.:D:D

Advertisement