Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

antidepressant meds and nausea (long term use)

Options
  • 13-02-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

For the last two months I have had sever nausea and weakness with occasional stomach pain.

I have had an ultrasound and gastroscopy and there's nothing wrong.

I have taken various antacids and anti-nausea meds and nothing helps.

I have been taking Cipramil 60mg and Lamictal 100mg for years and have had no adverse effects. (I also take Solian occasionally and Concerta when necessary.)

Does anyone else have experience of long term use with these meds? Could it be causing my illness?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I take the anti-depressant Zispin and I have found that from time to time, I have actually woken during the night and thrown up. I always take the tablet before bed as Zispin causes drowsiness etc. and I'd never been ill during the night before, until I was prescribed the medication. I'm always fine in the morning afterwards too.

I said it to my doctor and he recommended I continue to take the medication, just for another month as he said things should settle down within that time frame. Seeing as you've been on Cipramil for a good while and it's only started recently, maybe it isn't that? Has your dosage been upped or anything? All I can recommend really is speaking about it with your doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op you need to discuss this with your doctor.

noone here can diagnose tha cause of your nausea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement