Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timer System for Underfloor Heating

Options
  • 13-02-2010 5:47pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

I have this system installed in my house for controlling the underfloor heating zones

http://hms.cobuilder.no/doc/Frico/Frico-237.pdf

I have a printout of the English version of this document but I haven't been able to get it working correctly. Is there anyone out there who has the same system? I'm wondering if it was installed correctly or if I'm doing something wrong.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

it's a 4-channel timer obviously

does the heating system work correctly ?
    is it just the programming of the timer you need help with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

can you tell us what problem your having?

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

The heating system itself works fine. If I set the temperature higher than the ambient temperature the underfloor kicks in, when the ambient temp goes above the set temp it turns off.

When the timer is set to off and I change the stats in the rooms to Auto, they are still on. Even when I set the timer to forced off, it doesn't seem to have any affect on the different zones. I'm thinking it might be to do with setting the low and high temp levels on the actual timer but I can't see that option. When I use the arrow buttons on the On and Off positions, all I get is the option to turn it on or off for a specified amount of time and no option to set the low and high thresholds. I want to either figure out how to get this thing working or be sure there's a problem before I get my builder back to have a look. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

sorry probably best to get installer back.probably simpler for him to do as there are multiple ways of wiring and controlling systems.im sure he wouldnt mind going through the system with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i dont get the temperature control on the 4-channel timer?

a lot of stats are 'setpoint' etc. and can be adjusted with heating off-they may appear to be on all the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Hi LFCfan
    I would suggest that the timer is not actually for switching the zones on or off but for switching between modes of operation. Day and night. I reckon you define the temperature set points for the two modes on the thermostats and then set the time for switchover on the timer. This is the way most european heating controls work. The idea is that the heating is left on continously and switches between different modes of operation depending on time of day. During the day it is set at comfort mode with a set point temp of about 21c and switches to night mode at a defined time and with a set pt of about 16c.

Advertisement