Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hooliganism issues in LOI {Mod Note #1}

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

stovelid wrote: »
    Do you see the supporters of EPL clubs here creating train-wreck threads because a couple of their supporters got a dig in Manchester or Liverpool or city centre?
    Are the vast majority of EPL supporters on here actually directly affected by fan violence when they watch their club though?

I mean the closest many of them will ever come to it is seeing some loudmouth take a few slaps after last orders in the Woolshed or somewhere.

The reason people here are posting about it is because thy have seen it, first hand, and every time it happens the people here who are fans of the clubs whose fans have been involved tell everyone to shut up and not be tarring everyone with the same brush. Telling people to not post about it doesn't solve the problem.

The first step to solving the problem is for ordinary decent fans of Rovers, Bohs, Shels, Pats, Galway, Dundalk...etc...to actually say "Yeah, the scummers were at it again". Complain to their clubs and get these bastards out of the grounds. What shouldn't happen, and what no-one should stand for, is convicted hooligans being on Boards of Management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Des wrote: »
    The first step to solving the problem is for ordinary decent fans of Rovers, Bohs, Shels, Pats, Galway, Dundalk...etc...to actually say "Yeah, the scummers were at it again".

Sound.

I look forward to the regular truth commission style posts from Bohs and Shels supporters on their own casuals. Not to mention cathartic threads from the North and North-East along the lines of: time to fess up: confronting the bricking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I agree with what Des said above, to deal with the "hooligan" element in the LoI, the real fans need to stand up and admit that their own club has a problem with violence (no matter how big/small). It isn't the clubs fault that these scummers are following their club, probably just comes down to where the clubs are based, so please could people stop "You have hooligan problems", "Well you have bigger hooligan problems" about it?

Its a problem we face as a league more so I think, and as long as any sort of violence is associated with the LoI we are losing potential fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

CSF wrote: »
    Is that sarcasm or what?

Yes and no. My point is that you can count on one hand the number of police reports in the last couple of years relating to League of Ireland hooliganism. People moan on forums etc but don't make complaints that can be substansiated. If something happens two miles away from a football ground, you can't go calling decent supporters scum.
    In this case, you said you made a statement to the gardai as a first hand witness. That is the proper way to go about it. I replied, as did Shamrock Rovers FC, that if anyone could be identified that they wouldn't be allowed into Tallaght Stadium. That again is the proper way.
    I suspect that in this case, as happened on a couple of occasions in Dorset Street, two sets of twats arranged to meet. Innocent and decent supporters always get caught up in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yes and no. My point is that you can count on one hand the number of police reports in the last couple of years relating to League of Ireland hooliganism. People moan on forums etc but don't make complaints that can be substansiated. If something happens two miles away from a football ground, you can't go calling decent supporters scum.
    In this case, you said you made a statement to the gardai as a first hand witness. That is the proper way to go about it. I replied, as did Shamrock Rovers FC, that if anyone could be identified that they wouldn't be allowed into Tallaght Stadium. That again is the proper way.
    I suspect that in this case, as happened on a couple of occasions in Dorset Street, two sets of twats arranged to meet. Innocent and decent supporters always get caught up in this.
    I haven't said I made a statement, thats not something I'd discuss on an internet forum. I can confirm though that statements have been made and its in the works.

Advertisement