Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP SSL

Options
  • 13-02-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a home server setup and want to restrict FTP access to SSL only. Everything works fine at home from within the network, but outside the network only standard FTP works.

Like I say, everything works fine within the network so this is not a port forwarding or certificate issue. I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious. I actually have two servers and get the same issue for both. One is a synology unix NAS and the other is a WHS (which is basically windows server 2003).

I get a connection but it fails when negotiating SSL session. Does anyone have any pointers as to what it could possibly be?

I'm testing external connection using iPhone tether which is not behind a firewall.

The error I'm getting is:

[R] Connected to xxxx.homeserver.com
    [R] 220-FileZilla Server version 0.9.34 beta
    [R] 220-written by Tim Kosse (Tim.Kosse@gmx.de)
    [R] 220 Please visit http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
    [R] AUTH SSL
    [R] 234 Using authentication type SSL
    [R] Connected. Negotiating SSL session..
    [R] error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tag
    [R] Failed SSL negotiation, disconnected
    [R] Connection failed (Connection closed by client)
    [R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Advertisement