Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with the free cup of tea?

Options
  • 13-02-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

Was passing the G.P.O in Oliver Plunkett St. last night and we were offered a free cup of tea. We didn't look homeless or anything and they didn't do a Mrs. Doyle on it either and seemed very pleasant in fairness. But the curiosity is now getting the better of me.. They had the signs up and all "Free Tea".. I should have asked them what they were about, but I initially thought they were some sort of religious group so just declined their offer and kept walking..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Have you ever seen the movie 'The Vanishing'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Those guys are always there on weekend nights, for the whole of the winter anyway. Dont know why they do it, but they look loke a nice friendly bunch of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

they want to talk to you about jesus

It may be laced with Rohy, no way would I take tea off some crowd on the street like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shib

Yeah, that's the God Squad alright. Be wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Shib wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the God Squad alright. Be wide.

definitely the god squad. today it's free tea, tomorrow it will be you trying to rope in unsuspecting people with free tea in some other town/city.

Advertisement