Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unfair Moderating in Rugby Forum.

• 13-02-2010 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    So I was posting in a match thread. During the match I criticised O'Leary from Munster, O'Gara from Munster, Earls from Munster and Heaslip from Leinster.
    I criticised those players for mistakes they happened to make during the game. My criticism was not abuse or anything even close it was simply, poor play by X. I was banned from the thread for "targetting Munster players."
    Now I was not doing anything of the sort it just so happened that 3 of the 4 players I criticised were from Munster. I was criticising IRISH players and think this was completely unfair. I tried to reason with Ruggie

PM 1.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Co45
    Why am I not allowed post? I havent done anything wrong?
    imo you are only mentioning munster players and you are trying to derail the thread. No need for any more of your posts we all know what they will contain now.

My next PM isnt coming up in my sent box for some reasons but essentially I said I wasn't targetting anyone and just really want to post in the thread. I went on to say that I'd criticise just Leisnter and Ulster players when they make mistakes and asked RuggieBear if this would be o.k

He didn't reply I then sent this
    RugieBear???

I recieved this reply

if you have a problem with this moderation take it to the cmod and/or the boards complaints forum
    user_offline.gifforward.gif

I sent the following and recieved the following reply.

RuggieBear, You seem to be ignoring me. I would like to make a feedback thread and show these PMs. If that is o.k?
    I really don't want to but I think you've been completely unfair to me. I criticised O'Gara, O'Leary, Earls and Heaslip in that thread. I criticised O'Leary and O'Gara just like many others did in the thread. I criticised Earls when he knocked on with a quick tap! I criticised Heaslip whos a Leinster player. And for you to ban me from a thread by saying I was targetting Munster players is completely OTT.
    sure

I also got an infraction for this post

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thekid9 viewpost.gif
    Co45 ur doing my head in criticising munster players. Get over it. Nobody is playing well from 9 to 15.

Wow. hold on, im not targetting anyone. All I did was question you blaming Healy instead of Flannery for that try and criticised O'Gara and O'Leary and justifiably so in my opinion. smile.gif
    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    boards.ie
    user_offline.gifforward.gif

I know nothing will probably come from this but I want to lodge my complaint.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Co45 wrote: »
    I know nothing will probably come from this but I want to lodge my complaint.

If you have been banned in an unreasonable manner, something will come of this.

So, can I ask you to PM the CMods to see if you can resolve this amicably?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Co45

Yes sure.
    I wasn't banned from the forum just banned from the thread. But its the biggest thread of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I have responded to the poster with the view that the ban was legitimate for this line
    "What do all of the above players have in common? " as a clear reference to Munster, having addressed this at the start of the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Co45

uberwolf wrote: »
    I have responded to the poster with the view that the ban was legitimate for this line
    "What do all of the above players have in common? " as a clear reference to Munster, having addressed this at the start of the post

I WASNT THE ONE WHO POSTED THAT. YOU'RE GETTING ME MIXED UP WITH ANOTHER USER WHO WAS BANNED!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

this is true, and a bit of cross over. It would have helped it the OP had referenced the offending post. I'm looking into this again

• Advertisement
Advertisement