Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow at times next week especially after midweek

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭Speak Now

My mistake. Awfully sorry old chap..

:pac:

Only a matter of time before one of us had hallucinations with all this model watching :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Only a matter of time before one of us had hallucinations with all this model watching :pac:

Don't be silly :rolleyes:

Latest GFS looking good for snow tomorrow. Latest chart:

psychedelic.jpg?w=454&h=225

Bring it on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Let thr excitement and ramping begin :D:D

Two potential polar low features in the next 60 hours.

Could be a shock to alot of people.

Just hoping tomorrows one can edge 50 miles further north please;)

met eireann still have only a scattered wintry shower outlook! interesting how it will play out - gfs can exaggerate from my experience and this run seems to have been a big change from past ones.

met eireann still have only a scattered wintry shower outlook! interesting how it will play out - gfs can exaggerate from my experience and this run seems to have been a big change from past ones.

It's a tricky one. Latest DMI.DK HIRLAM give us just the basic package tomorrow afternoon with some showers filtering inland at times:

105549.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Don't be silly :rolleyes:

Latest GFS looking good for snow tomorrow. Latest chart:

psychedelic.jpg?w=454&h=225

Bring it on...

Looks marginal to me :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

there is just crappy rain and hail showers here at the moment.

i fear this weekend is going to be the most difficult rollercoaster ride of the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

there is just crappy rain and hail showers here at the moment.

i fear this weekend is going to be the most difficult rollercoaster ride of the winter

if it freezes as its supposed to road conditions will be tricky in the morning.

. the rain is turning sleety now. i suspect it will turn to snow if the showers continue after dark.

Locations at the current risk from this polar like esk feature according to NAE model

NAE wants to throw probably 15mm of precip.

Accums of 10-15cms

10022006_1812.gif
    That Nae is as wrong as Moss Bell!
    Snow in Valentia tomorrow from returning polar maratime but rain in west cork where theres a lot of high ground? I don't think so Tim.
    If it's predicting something as stupid as that,I think the rest of it is tubs of salt... and lol I won't even mention that snow a few miles off the waterford coast...

3rd day in a row where my weather station recorded a max of 7.4c:

105555.jpg

and 10 minitues earlier each day...:)

• Advertisement

That Nae is as wrong as Moss Bell!
    Snow in Valentia tomorrow from returning polar maratime but rain in west cork where theres a lot of high ground? I don't think so Tim.
    If it's predicting something as stupid as that,I think the rest of it is tubs of salt... and lol I won't even mention that snow a few miles off the waterford coast...

This post made me giggle, mostly for its sheer, undiluted honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Just started snowing in Letterkenny this minute:)

This post made me giggle, mostly for its sheer, undiluted honesty.

so in other words you think we'll mainly see rain and sleet at lower levels all weekend with just localised falls of snow at lower levels.

so in other words you think we'll mainly see rain and sleet at lower levels all weekend with just localised falls of snow at lower levels.

Is that what you think?

Is that what you think?

don't foist your thoughts on to me paddy1;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Actually, what would be a great idea if Pangea opened up a 'natural signs' weather outlook thread. I don't doubt that nature can give us clues. Pangea, go for it, you seem to make the claim a lot, so howabout some forecasts dude? :)
    Someone already did open a thread about that last week, Im simply posting a weather related paper article considering this weeks weather , not the history of signs themselves , if you dont like them then tough, its a small brain that makes fun of easy targets.

Anyways the hills are all white here now.

Pangea wrote: »

Anyways the hills are all white here now.

so has there only been rain and sleet lower down where you are?

don't foist your thoughts on to me paddy1;)

:D

Snow showers are possible at anytime over the next few days. The trouble is being specific about where they will fall. It does seem that the latest models are more confident about pushing them somewhat more inland than over the last few days, but in isolated form. I can't see read anymore from them than that. Either or not, I seriously doubt that this current spell of weather will be remembered in weather lore for its sheer magnificence.

so has there only been rain and sleet lower down where you are?
    yup

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

meteoalarm now has ireland upgraded to orange alert and snow

http://www.meteoalarm.eu/

• Advertisement

Someone already did open a thread about that last week, Im simply posting a weather related paper article considering this weeks weather , not the history of signs themselves , if you dont like them then tough, its a small brain that makes fun of easy targets.

What choo talkin bout dude?

I am just wondering if you would like to make some forecasts based on you expertise that is all. Chill dude. :)

I see a weather warning for tonite also

Issued at 18 February 2010 - 13:51

Very cold overnight with a sharp to severe frost, some patches of dense fog and wintry showers in places too. These mainly over Ulster and Connacht with a few centimetres in places. But a few wintry showers are likely in coastal counties of west Munster and in the midlands also.
    Cold and frosty weather will continue over the weekend, with some scattered wintry showers at times.
    Valid from 18/1800 to 19/1000

:D

Snow showers are possible at anytime over the next few days. The trouble is being specific about where they will fall. It does seem that the latest models are more confident about pushing them somewhat more inland than over the last few days, but in isolated form. I can't see read anymore from them than that. Either or not, I seriously doubt that this current spell of weather will be remembered in weather lore for its sheer magnificence.

well you could apply that most of the time really. as we rarely get significant snow fall even in more wintry setups. it has been 10 years since i've had what i consider a significant fall of snow- which is eight inches or more of lieing snow.

What choo talkin bout dude?

I am just wondering if you would like to make some forecasts based on you expertise that is all. Chill dude. :)
    I never once claimed that i was an expert at it nor did I ever make a forecast from traditonal weather signs. I dont know where you are getting that from lol
    All I did was post articles from michael gallagher, same way everyone else posts different weather forecasts from yr no or met eireann , doesnt mean I or they forecasted it themselves ;)

yup

the showers will keep going up in the north west after dark and should start falling as snow mainly. theyll probably die off here.

well you could apply that most of the time really. as we rarely get significant snow fall even in more wintry setups. it has been 10 years since i've had what i consider a significant fall of snow- which is eight inches or more of lieing snow.

I think that 'significance' becomes a relative term here in Ireland regarding weather. Certainly any fall of snow would be a lot more significant than any fall we had over the last month. But yes, you are right regarding the application. Maybe we are just looking for something that will never happen.

I never once claimed that i was an expert at it nor did I ever make a forecast from traditonal weather signs. I dont know where you are getting that from lol
    All I did was post articles from michael gallagher, same way everyone else posts different weather forecasts from yr no or met eireann , doesnt mean I or they forecasted it themselves ;)

Rubbish, you said that the signs in nature are more reliable than the 'hokey pokey' (or whatever you said) charts regarding weather forecasts. I don't dispute this, but it does assume that you have an expertise in this area. So, how 'bout a forecast?

Rubbish, you said that the signs in nature are more reliable than the 'hokey pokey' (or whatever you said) charts regarding weather forecasts. I don't dispute this, but it does assume that you have an expertise in this area. So, how 'bout a forecast?

lol Someones opinion on which is more reliable doesnt make them an expert and it doesnt assume anything. Im just saying that traditonal weather signs can often be accurate to show how harsh a winter is and is often correct unlike charts which change every day naturally enough.

But i will tell u my forecast for Tuam , I dont think it will snow in tuam ever dont "choo"?

This really seems to bother you I suggest we get back on topic
    or else you should contact a mod if this traditonal weather signs or I am bothering you. ;)

lol Someones opinion on which is more reliable doesnt make them an expert and it doesnt assume anything. Im just saying that traditonal weather signs can often be accurate to show how harsh a winter is and is often correct unlike charts which change every day naturally enough.

But i will tell u my forecast for Tuam , I dont think it will snow in tuam ever dont "choo"?

This really seems to bother you I suggest we get back on topic
    or else you should contact a mod if this traditonal weather signs or I am bothering you. ;)

You ain't bothering me dude. However, your post above smacks of complete farce and contradiction once again.

You made the claim that signs in nature are more reliable than what weather models predict for a weather forecast. Coming out with that gobbledegook above is not really answering my query. I want you to make a forecast for next few days, for the whole of Ireland, based on your higher knowledge. So, what choo think. Will we get a good bash of snow tomorrow based on your claim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Based on my observations - I just saw a gritter going down the road - I'm predicting that the foxes will have plenty of salt for their curry fries, because that is a sure sign that I aint getting no snow, or even frost tonight. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement