Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow at times next week especially after midweek

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

You ain't bothering me dude. However, your post above smacks of complete farce and contradiction once again.

You made the claim that signs in nature are more reliable than what weather models predict for a weather forecast. Coming out with that gobbledegook above is not really answering my query. I want you to make a forecast for next few days, for the whole of Ireland, based on your higher knowledge. So, what choo think. Will we get a good bash of snow tomorrow based on your claim?

lol You must be a really stupid person , read my posts again I never forecasted the weather and I never will. Your persistent repetitive questions are just wasting my time. No matter what i say you just ask the same question again. Ok let me narrow it down for u I am saying that when ever michael gallagher says there will be snow I always get snow, The end.
    Pangea wrote: »
    I never once claimed that i was an expert at it nor did I ever make a forecast from traditonal weather signs. I dont know where you are getting that from lol
    All I did was post articles from michael gallagher, same way everyone else posts different weather forecasts from yr no or met eireann , doesnt mean I or they forecasted it themselves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

lol You must be a really stupid person , read my posts again I never forecasted the weather and I never will. Your persistent repetitive questions are just wasting my time. No matter what i say you just ask the same question again. Ok let me narrow it down for u I am saying that when ever michael gallagher says there will be snow I always get snow, The end.

Pangea,

Deep was only having a bit of craic earlier with the cat thing, relax.

Btw, I find the Donegal postman very interesting and I'm sure many people would accept that traditional observations have some merit and are often based on sound general principles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I don't for one minute deny that I am stupid, but what is becoming apparant is that you most certainly are. I never claimed you forecast the weather, on the contrary. :rolleyes:

I ask the same question until it is answered to my satisfaction. So, your faith in a postman predicting the weather based on the colour of the hills one evening gives you full authority to dismiss more scientific methods in one sweep? Justify yourself, and then it will end. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I see our lack of snow is starting to get to some folks on here !

Well the temps are heading the rite way in Newbridgre but I fear we just might be lacking the main ingredient for something nice !

Temp 1.1

DP -1.6

I don't for one minute deny that I am stupid, but what is becoming apparant is that you most certainly are. I never claimed you forecast the weather, on the contrary. :rolleyes:

I ask the same question until it is answered to my satisfaction. So, your faith in a postman predicting the weather based on the colour of the hills one evening gives you full authority to dismiss more scientific methods in one sweep? Justify yourself, and then it will end. :)

I know theres not much in tuam but try to find something better to do with your time.
    Read through my posts again .
    My opinion is my opinion its not an offical statement from the snowgods. It really bothers u that I said that michael gallagher is more accurate when it comes to predicting snow than the charts. lol

I dont need 'full authority' (whatever that is) to give an opinion, I dont care if you dont fully understand what I 'dismiss' or not , so get over it.

Regardless of my answer you are more than likely going to remain unsatisfied and not just in weather terms in other walks of life also .
    :rolleyes:

This conversation is over , Contact the mod because this really seems to bother you. I have said all I wanted to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I miss owenc.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I know theres not much in tuam but try to find something better to do with your time.
    Read through my posts again .
    My opinion is my opinion its not an offical statement from the snowgods. It really bothers u that I said that michael gallagher is more accurate when it comes to predicting snow than the charts. lol

I dont need 'full authority' (whatever that is) to give an opinion, I dont care if you dont fully understand what I 'dismiss' or not , so get over it.

Regardless of my answer you are more than likely going to remain unsatisfied and not just in weather terms in other walks of life also .
    :rolleyes:

This conversation is over , Contact the mod because this really seems to bother you. I have said all I wanted to say.

Wow, that is like, so cutting dude :D:D:D

I will just assume so that you have no idea what you are talking about, and therefore have to resort to weak attempts at distraction to hide your folly.

FIN ;)

Im pretty confident I will get snow ,especially since Michael gallagher said so.
    He said there would be a white christmas here and boom I got one even when the charts and met eireann said otherwise.
    So Im Looking forward to the snow now this weekend :D
    Isnt it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. And .... relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

maybe someone should open a new thread, as the title of this one is misleading ( slightly) and it's gotten a bit clogged up and off topic . . .;)

• Advertisement

it's -0.3c outside :mad::mad:
    Why isn't it -30?? :mad::mad: why why?

I wait all day for it to go below zero and this is all it does :mad:
    The mountain behind me is probably colder and theres a station at ashford thats colder for fecks sake.

Will it be an ice night? Do you think if it snows it will stay below -.3c?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Pangea and Deep. Two nice people. Both entitled to your opinions so just leave it at that.

As for Owen C, i hear that he was voted as most thanked poster on boards.ni this week. Bless him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

The mountain behind me is probably colder and theres a station at ashford thats colder for fecks sake.

looks as if owenc hacked your account :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Did he get banned or has he just abandoned us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Saturday night into Sunday,imo the best chance for snow,temps and 850's a bit marginal,is it our last chance?,what do the more knowledgeable people think?

Rtavn602.png

h850t850eu.png

Rtavn604.png

ukprec.png

Rtavn6017.png

ukmintemp.png

and the best one :D

prectypeuktopo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Did he get banned or has he just abandoned us ?

He got banned. Had not got my glass's on yesterday when reading the thread, but i think he called us all "Bicks" :confused:

Well lads , what could one expect from this ? It looks great !

105571.png

Duiske wrote: »
    He got banned. Had not got my glass's on yesterday when reading the thread, but i think he called us all "Bicks" :confused:

I do remember seeing that all rite, I thought it was let go seems he was getting lots of stick !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    As for Owen C, i hear that he was voted as most thanked poster on boards.ni this week. Bless him

Lol Am I the only one who put just 'www.boards.ni' into my address bar before copping on that it'd be .co.uk??? Thought so... duh!!! *shuffling to the back of the class in utter shame* :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

how long is owens ban??? its quiet round here . . .

I've changed my mind, i do want snow, but not until saturday evening at the earliest . . .and preferably before monday morning :D

Oh, and sorry jambofc and pistolpetes, ye went to the bother of putting up charts and all i can do is moan that its getting quiet round here . . .;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Anyone know what the story is tonight?

Using Raintoday and theres plenty of showers passing over Letterkenny all evening yet all Im seeing is clear skies? We had a brief snow shoer around 5pm but nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

I'm just amazed that GFS and ECM are so different with regard to precip over the next 72 hours.

There is feck all happening here tonight ! in other news Willie O Dea resigns !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

There is feck all happening here tonight ! in other news Willie O Dea resigns !

Im relying on you man... please make it snow !! lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Finally got another shower in Letterkenny, only sleety snow but theres some pretty big flakes so hopefully with the temperature still dropping it'll be all snow in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

I go away to dublin for the day and there's loads of prospect happening here.

Did you see jean 's forecast after 9 news,i liked very much

Looks like snow pushing inland tomorrow night but not sure yet.had giant snow flakes over half of southern country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

GFS now has Saturday night for heavier more prolonged snow.

gfs-2-54.png?18

gfs-2-60.png?18

It does not look right now as if it will be tomorrow night.

Harps wrote: »
    Finally got another shower in Letterkenny, only sleety snow but theres some pretty big flakes so hopefully with the temperature still dropping it'll be all snow in a while
    Same here sleety snow here now in the south of the county , its heavy but wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

The snow is already affecting England, particularly Birmingham, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire. No snow yet in London though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Same here sleety snow here now in the south of the county , its heavy but wet.

damn it Pangea. you must have offended the snowgods ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement