Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow at times next week especially after midweek

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bit here in Rathmines...nothing major!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

snowing here now and sticking.
    nice 1 nacho,well earned:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

it's baffling how Dublin is getting snow out of this setup and Donegal is not.

It was just a rougue shower summoned by rougies for the greater good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Rougies wrote: »
    It was just a rougue shower summoned by rougies for the greater good.
    nting here,cold,very scatered cloud:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

delw wrote: »

the fact that anywhere in Dublin got snow tonight is a surprise. so you could get some snow yet!

if you go to bed expecting nothing...you may wake up surprised!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

about a cm of snow stuck in D18, wasn't expecting it but doesn't look like enough to cause tooo many problems tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

the fact that anywhere in Dublin got snow tonight is a surprise. so you could get some snow yet!

if you go to bed expecting nothing...you may wake up surprised!

It was very suprising snowfall, only left a dusting but definitely noteworthy in this kind of setup!
    How's your sneachta doing in Mayo?
    delw wrote: »

You would have needed an even numbered postcode to avail of the snow tonight. It only hit south of the Liffey, the closer to the dublin mountains the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It was very suprising snowfall, only left a dusting but definitely noteworthy in this kind of setup!

overcast, with the odd bit of light snow from time to a time. a nice dusting here now. no doubt the sun will banishes it all before noon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Finally:D

Just been watching an episode of the Soprano's, had the curtains closed so then when it was over I had a look out and everything is white!

Still snowing now half an hour later so looks like we'll have a good covering by morning afterall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

You would have needed an even numbered postcode to avail of the snow tonight. It only hit south of the Liffey, the closer to the dublin mountains the better.

we got snow tonight in dublin 15 in clonsilla didnt really stick but paths and roads have a small bit ! Was fairly heavy as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bah where is my snow! (D7)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Been snowing for well over an hour here now without stopping, got quite a decent covering at the moment, might have 5cm by morning if it carries on for another while.

Should really be getting to bed but I didnt get up till 3pm today so might as well stay up and see what happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

48hrs out and still not in the reliable timeframe

Snowfest Saturday Night

GFS
    Rtavn484.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light cover of snow here this morning (approx. 0.5cm) to roofs, cars and grass. Snow has melted from raods and pavements. 0.6c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Snowing lightly and sticking in Dunkineely Co.Donegal. What a nice surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Snow on rooftops, cars, and grass in Terenure, Dublin. The sky is a nasty heavy light grey overcast, looking like it could dump some more any minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

A nice snow shower in Strabane for the last hour.

Snowing quite heavily here now. I want to put the Christmas tree back up but herself won't let me ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Light dusting of snow in Dublin 16 this morning though pretty much melted by 7.30am other than on some cars and roofs. There appears to be a break in the cloud covering in the City Centre now but it could be an interesting weekend.

Awwwww. Stopped now. That was nice. Ok. Roll on the summer now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

i counted 11 pieces of hail on the van at 6.30 this morning,on the far side of town looked a little bit more,meath missed it again :(

all the charts are giving different outcomes for the weekend,head out window for the weekend so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

VERY light covering of snow on the ground this morning. Not worth the post to be honest :D

:D Just for pure badness I just put the Christmas tree back up !! Only a small one so didn't take long ! (Herself will someday learn never to tell me that something is a silly idea) !!

Come to daddy ! (wow how scientific am I !!)

snowkk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I'm trying to figure who wrote FU....but didn't finish the rest of it in our private car park!

kmart6 wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure who wrote FU....but didn't finish the rest of it in our private car park!

Maybe it was some oriental guy who just wrote his name !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

irish1967 wrote: »
    Maybe it was some oriental guy who just wrote his name !:)

probably marco fu the snooker player...:)

probably marco fu the snooker player...:)
    Or the great villain Fu Manchu.

Anyways back on topic. Sun is out her now but having a little trouble shifting what fell this morning. I get a feeling the large showers coming in of the North West coast will be rain by the time the get to me.

If it snows here again today I will put on my Santa hat to go for the paper. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Snow lying here when I woke, now snowing heavy & also in town too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

445279.ie wrote: »
    VERY light covering of snow on the ground this morning. Not worth the post to be honest :D

Snowing more now then eh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement