Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow at times next week especially after midweek

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Getting closer for Monday. ATM it looks like heavy snow will be in Northern Britain but it's getting closer...

gfs-2-72.png?6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

irish1967 wrote: »
    Come to daddy ! (wow how scientific am I !!)

snowkk.jpg

That dumped a load of SNOW here in the last hour :) (15mm at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snow here in Tir Chonaill , all white. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

darkman2 wrote: »
    Getting closer for Monday. ATM it looks like heavy snow will be in Northern Britain but it's getting closer...

gfs-2-72.png?6

sorry to be a bother. im really confused as to what direction its coming from. the east?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tonights feature unfortunately seems to have pretty much vanished, pushed to the very far south of the country!

Saturday night feature still on and is expected to be something more substantial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Meanwhile satellite representation would suggest that feature is developing and will move ashore around Galway Bay later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

What's the likelyhood of the midlands, meath area seeing any action from these systems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Hi WC, Wolfey &baby, Darkman, Superc , Trog & everyone else

Ive been missing for ages long long story - but im back!

Wheres Owen C ???????????????????????????

So whats in store - DP having a dangerous drive from holy head to ipswich & back & keeps hitting bad blizzrds.. Not safe TBH !

Whats in store for us? I woke up to a covering this morning & I was seriously WTF ! Is more of this due - airport run in the morning - lol Imagine coming back from the Dominican Republic to this - she will have a fit !

Hope everyone well & sorry for staying away so long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp
    Issued at 19 February 2010 - 11:00
    Weather warning
    Further scattered wintry showers today, mainly over Ulster, Connaught and West Munster, becoming confined mainly to Munster overnight.
    Staying cold and frosty over the weekend with more accumulations especially later Saturday evening and overnight Saturday - 2 to 5 cm possible over lower ground and 4 to 8 cm over higher ground - southern half of country most at risk.

Owen C got his ass banned yesterday:rolleyes:... can i say ass? :eek:

jenzz wrote: »

Ive been missing for ages long long story - but im back!

Wheres Owen C ???????????????????????????

So whats in store - DP having a dangerous drive from holy head to ipswich & back & keeps hitting bad blizzrds.. Not safe TBH !

Whats in store for us? I woke up to a covering this morning & I was seriously WTF ! Is more of this due - airport run in the morning - lol Imagine coming back from the Dominican Republic to this - she will have a fit !

Hope everyone well & sorry for staying away so long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

jenzz wrote: »

Nice to see you Jenzz!

That band of precip can be be spotted forming on this sat run
    http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A significant dusting here this morning but all gone now. Black clouds to the northwest but don't look like they would bring much. Temp around 4c

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

as met eireann indicated the showers have turned sleety as the morning wore on. I woke up to a nice covering anyway. I hope other places get some sneachta over the next few days.

Weather warning
    Further scattered wintry showers today, mainly over Ulster, Connaught and West Munster, becoming confined mainly to Munster overnight.
    Staying cold and frosty over the weekend with more accumulations especially later Saturday evening and overnight Saturday - 2 to 5 cm possible over lower ground and 4 to 8 cm over higher ground - southern half of country most at risk.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Weather warning

post 700 wolfie. wake up!

yr.no still have it on the cold side throughout this week. this website is based on the latest ecmwf information, right?

post 700 wolfie. wake up!
    surely worth a second mention. Been sitting here since early January for bloody snow. :p

yr.no still have it on the cold side throughout this week. this website is based on the latest ecmwf information, right?
    Yep. By the way, better view of precip on this run of the yr.no visual sat
    http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941764
    ?area=europe;type=visible;width=650;height=650;time=2010-02-19T12:00:09Z;authkey=3KaMGaYdZ;

not too pushed about showers today as they'll only be rain and sleet anyway. it would be nice if an unexpected feature moved across the country tonight.

A lot colder here today - max so far has been 4.2c and now down to 3.8c
    This time yesterday in similar sunshine it was above 6c.

Dp is hovering near zero also.

And the wind is south west lol (Yesterday it was off the sea)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

depending on what charts you look at or what forecast you look at,its all different,some have us getting snow Saturday night/Sunday morning,others have nothing for us.
    never seen charts so un-reliable on a such a short time frame.
    oh and no snow here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

they have rain on here for tomorrow! hope its wrong..is noticably colder today though..still anything that would fall during daylight would be of rain/hail or sleet. had a sprinkling this morning so hopefully more of a dusting tonight and tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

they have rain on here for tomorrow! hope its wrong..is noticably colder today though..still anything that would fall during daylight would be of rain/hail or sleet. had a sprinkling this morning so hopefully more of a dusting tonight and tomorrow.

They are just showing the same nothingness for me, with the odd snow flurry now and again (as usual, always 4/5 days away)

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Galway/Tuam/detailed_long.html

Seems we are stuck in this rut for a while yet.

i meant to say for next week. the top temperature they show for friday week is 5c in a south easterly.

you look favourite this time to get any snow that going over the weekend. i wouldn't even bother looking at the charts with the various models being all over place at the minute. it's best to go back to the traditional method of forecasting - sticking your head out the window!

jambofc wrote: »
    depending on what charts you look at or what forecast you look at,its all different,some have us getting snow Saturday night/Sunday morning,others have nothing for us.
    never seen charts so un-reliable on a such a short time frame.
    oh and no snow here :mad:

I think were on some sort of snow black list somwhere.:rolleyes:;)

ISO_TOMORROW_ATL.pngPREC_TOMORROW_ATL.pngCLD_TOMORROW_ATL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Defcol wrote: »
    I think were on some sort of snow black list somwhere.:rolleyes:;)

tell me about it,been a terrible winter for us snow lovers in meath
    but im not giving up yet,hoping for a nice surprise before our wonderful Irish summer arrives :rolleyes:

They are just showing the same nothingness for me, with the odd snow flurry now and again (as usual, always 4/5 days away)

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Galway/Tuam/detailed_long.html

Seems we are stuck in this rut for a while yet.

you say this after getting a dusting of snow this morning and with the potential for a bit more snow over the next few days. to think you have the audacity to call me negative;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    ISO_TOMORROW_ATL.pngPREC_TOMORROW_ATL.pngCLD_TOMORROW_ATL.png

what time is that at tomorrow?! prefer any feature moves over us after dark for maximum effect!

• Advertisement

what time is that at tomorrow?! prefer any feature moves over us after dark for maximum effect!
    midday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement