Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera clubs/ groups?

• 13-02-2010 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey there,

Im a v amateur photographer-as in its a big hobby, but Im only just really getting into it now, but i love love love it!

Just wondering if anyone knows of any casual amateur groups who meet up regularly to share ideas, knowledge, inspiration and just basically share in a passion for photography. I know about the Camera club, but cant find any info on the site about general meetings-is this only available to people who have done their course? I tried to join their beginners course, but its full..I dont want to go to a group who are highly experienced photographers either, as I would be way out of my depth!

Im hoping to do a course in Temple Bar Gallery of Photography, but its only short (4 weeks i think) so it would be hard to meet people really, and i guess theres no follow on club afterwards, right?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks guys :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I think you may have tried to enrol in the course at Dublin Camera Club. It fills up very quickly.

You are welcome to come along to a meeting as a visitor on a Tuesday night at 8pm.

There are also other Clubs around the area.

You do not have to have anything but an interest in Photography. The idea is to learn, not be an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Hi BaileyB
    I was in the exact same boat as you last Nov even tho I had done the GOP course,I knew the basics before I started that course and I did learn alot ,In saying all that tho Ive found the DCC alot better ,theres classes/lecture's every tues,went to a lot on my own till I got to know people, and even if theres not theres usualy the finals of some competition were a judge is invited along to score the differnet classes ,which I find brilliant to see what people enter and some amazing images,Ive also found theres a better "social" end to the club ,and If your like me and just want to learn theres usualy people looking for a "hand" .

DCC ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

I disagree, I'm also a member of dublin camera club and don't think it's what you're looking for as there's very litte talk of sharing ideas, thoughts or inspiration. A lot of competitions though but the more you go to the judging nights the more you'll notice that the bulk of photos look the same.

Needless to say I'm looking for somewhere/something else and attending the odd tuesday meeting that interests me. The monthly documentary/street photography night is really good though as is darkroom access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

you have to kinda look around camera clubs to find one that suits you

some clubs are large and have smaller groups that kinda share ideas etc

some smaller clubs have that kind of chat and sharing thing happening

Advertisement