Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Delish/Chungs/BOI etc Castletroy

Options
  • 13-02-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Im getting confused at NCPS(Clampers) and the management of this area.

There are car parking spaces BUT they now have a sign up saying you can only stay, at the front of the buildings, for 15 minutes otherwise you will be clamped.

Now, Im not exactly a savage here, but I find it difficult to eat a 3 course meal in Chungs or a nice bap in Delish in under 15 minutes unless I want to choke.

I could park around the side or the back which is 90 minutes but last week I found a sticker on my drivers window telling me my car was immobilised for : overstaying the time limit. The time limit was 90 minutes and I was there 45 minutes meeting the boss in Delish.

Balderdash. Does the area really need NCPS? Do people truly abandon their cars and make their way elsewhere? I doubt it.

Also, the scuzzbag doing the clamping moves his van to block your vehicle from getting out and then starts to clamp you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Start reversing into his van - see how he likes it.

I think they did it as people from UL were parking their cars there and walking over (for some reason)??

Its stupid that they have clamping enforced though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mc Love wrote: »
    Start reversing into his van - see how he likes it.

I think they did it as people from UL were parking their cars there and walking over (for some reason)??

Its stupid that they have clamping enforced though

I've seen students park in Milford and walk to UL, it's people like these that cause businesses to hire clampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

a barrier system similar to grove island/super valu would sort it...1st 2 hours free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

phog wrote: »
    I've seen students park in Milford and walk to UL, it's people like these that cause businesses to hire clampers.
    Students do this, as do staff and members of the Arena, let's not just blame the students.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I used to like eating in Chungs and Delish - but the reality is that I am not willing to subject myself to their regime of shít; Normally bypass this issue by going to Ze We Ton or anywhere else.

- Its not the Customers fault that they rushed to set up their businesses alongside a tiny handful of parking spaces shared between all of the many retail Units around there, then they just seek to punish others for their stooooopidity......

The story about the Accountants Firm (Name was carefully omitted in story) in Castletroy a while back who were clamping Ulster Bank Customers read very badly for them also I thought.

- If you do a search on Clamps/Clampers on the Motors forum you'll see a few examples of People using an angle grinder to remove them, seemingly the Gardaí can only tut tut and make cross faces at you.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Raiser wrote: »

- If you do a search on Clamps/Clampers on the Motors forum you'll see a few examples of People using an angle grinder to remove them, seemingly the Gardaí can only tut tut and make cross faces at you.....

You mean criminal damage which is illegal and the Gardai will not overlook that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Berty wrote: »
    You mean criminal damage which is illegal and the Gardai will not overlook that.

Have a read through this thread

I have no strong views or any in-depth knowledge on this topic; But I will say that it makes perfect sense to me that if some Ordinary Joe decides to put a Clamping Sticker on a white Van and then begins to immobilise cars on nothing other than his own authority that there will be many varied responses, grey areas, loopholes and Garda indifference to the cause of a profiteering little Bóllocks Clamper.

- Wait until someone runs out of their House with a sick Child or some other emergency and these Tossers have clamped them for no good reason - Grounds for GBH.

* Edit to add that you can buy an 18V Cordless Angle-Grinder for ~£65 on Ebay - as per link in the above thread, also mentioned is that the Clampers don't clamp any more in certain areas due to nothing being left behind but metal filings!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Does this mean that if you go to Chungs for dinner of an evening you only have 15 minutes to order your meal, eat it and pay at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

lasno wrote: »
    Does this mean that if you go to Chungs for dinner of an evening you only have 15 minutes to order your meal, eat it and pay at the end?

If you park by the front door, which is common sense, but if you park around the side or the back then it's 90 minutes.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Raiser receives a seven day ban for advocating criminal damage

• Advertisement
Advertisement