Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unusual

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I would think that legally they would still require a signed Release to use the images in a commercial capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Surely if it's on a public street, and you are incidental, then they can film away with impunity?

I assume they're making a movie and don't want claims from every clown in Dublin because their foot is in a shot somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That's an incredibly bizarre sign, because everyone has the right to make whatever recordings they like in public. This sign is so unusual because it is absolutely unnecessary and really quite hostile in its tone.

Think of the thousands of times you've seen a reporter or documentary host walking along a public street talking to the camera. Do you really think they had every member of those crowds sign a talent release form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

There's a Samuel L Jackson film being shot on Chatham street. Bizarre sign though... No need...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'd be more concerned by the noise in that photo,And it's from a 1DS MKIII as iso 100 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Stephen Sodebergh is filming a large number of scenes from his new flick "Knockout" here. It's actually got a pretty decent cast from what I've heard so don't be surprised to see the likes of Denis Quaid on Dawson street over the next few days.
    They're scheduled to so some filming in the airport and a few other locations around Ireland over the next couple of weeks.

Incidentally, if anyone spots UFC fighter, American Gladiator and MMA champion Gina Carano over the next few days of filming, be sure to give her my number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

NakedDex wrote: »
    Incidentally, if anyone spots UFC fighter, American Gladiator and MMA champion Gina Carano over the next few days of filming, be sure to give her my number.

No Girls allowed fight in UFC, I'd nearly be afraid to approach her on the street though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I know literally nothing about UFC, that's something I was told. Perhaps he got mixed up between UFC and some other league.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

NakedDex wrote: »
    I know literally nothing about UFC, that's something I was told. Perhaps he got mixed up between UFC and some other league.

Sorry mate, She fights for Strikeforce another MMA Promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

The original was underexposed but the noise that you see in the Flickr photograph is not in the original. The photograph was uploaded using a beta version of lightroom which may have been set up incorrectly.

The camera is noise free from ISO 100 to 400 under most lighting conditions.
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    I'd be more concerned by the noise in that photo,And it's from a 1DS MKIII as iso 100 :eek:

• Advertisement

I am frequently asked to stop taking photographs so I have some sympathy with the film company but I did not like the tone of it.
    pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this notice about being filmed on the streets of Dublin ?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/infomatique/4354509636/in/photostream/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

infomat wrote: »
    I am frequently asked to stop taking photographs so I have some sympathy with the film company but I did not like the tone of it.

I'm going to hijack the topic and say that I'm kinda saddened that I have never been in a situation in Ireland where I have faced somebody asking me to stop shooting. :[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Fenster wrote: »
    I'm going to hijack the topic and say that I'm kinda saddened that I have never been in a situation in Ireland where I have faced somebody asking me to stop shooting. :[

Possibly because most people you encounter on the street haven't seen your shots :p;):D:pac:

To be fair it is not nearly as bad as some other countries.

Go to St. James Hospital and see how long you have to wait.
    Try taking photographs on the Luas ... the guys selling drugs will complain about you.
    Visit Dundrum Shopping Centre (the new one)

Fenster wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

infomat wrote: »
    Go to St. James Hospital and see how long you have to wait.
    Try taking photographs on the Luas ... the guys selling drugs will complain about you.
    Visit Dundrum Shopping Centre (the new one)

....because none of them are 'Public' property. (Not that I agree but dems de rules).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this notice about being filmed on the streets of Dublin ?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/infomatique/4354509636/in/photostream/

It looks like nonsense.
    Zillah wrote: »
    That's an incredibly bizarre sign, because everyone has the right to make whatever recordings they like in public. This sign is so unusual because it is absolutely unnecessary and really quite hostile in its tone.

Think of the thousands of times you've seen a reporter or documentary host walking along a public street talking to the camera. Do you really think they had every member of those crowds sign a talent release form?

You may have the right to make recording in public (or at least on public lands). But you do not always have the right to use the images in a commercial capacity. Using images of others to advertise a product would be the extrema on one end.

Editorial use, ie a news report and maybe less so a documentary, is seen quite differently.

Advertisement