Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inuslation for an attic hatch

• 13-02-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi, anyone got any recommendations for insulation that's appropriate for the inside of an attic loft hatch.

B&Q had some wood boards with insulation backing before Christmas but they seem to be all gone now and I'm not sure about adding too much extra weight to the door anyway. I was thinking about just using some polystyrene similar to that which comes in packing cases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

get down to builder providers and get an off cut of kingspan insulation...glue it to the door...or just use 2 pieces of carpet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I packed fibre glass loosly into a black bag and tacked it to the door. Its cheap and works fine. My father years ago done the same with old clothes shredded them up and packed them into a plastic bag.

The reason for the bag is to stop dust from the fibre glass when you open the attic door.

watch it doesn't condense and smell..

watch it doesn't condense and smell..

? Dont get ya!

IF THE BAGS ARE TIED UP..THEY COULD BE LIABLE TO CONDENSATION...AND POSSIBLY SMELL?

sorry for the caps

• Advertisement

IF THE BAGS ARE TIED UP..THEY COULD BE LIABLE TO CONDENSATION...AND POSSIBLY SMELL?

sorry for the caps

Has not so far. But yes I will keep an eye on it.

Advertisement