Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at the hospital

Options
  • 14-02-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Had to attend Letterkenny hospital during the week. Knew there were problems with parking but could not believe how bad it was.

Spent 25 mins driving round trying to find a space, tried main carpark, carpark across the road and eventually found a space around behind St Conals. Cars seemed to be just abandoned anywhere and everywhere round the back of that building.
    Feel sorry for staff and anyone who has regular clinic appointments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Considering you also have to pay for the privilege after struggling to get a spot, its just a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭nonsmoker

The spot where I eventually got parked was not really a 'parking' spot and there were no meter machines anywhere near so I didnt pay anything.

Talking of paying, whenever you go to those machines to pay check the wee slot of the machine before you put in your money as a few times I have found valid tickets sitting in there. You know how those tickets are valid for I thinks its 2 hours, some very nice people who might only be in the hospital for a short length of time will leave the ticket back for someone else to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Just encase people dont know, you are allowed to park there for 20 minutes without a ticket. But they dont advertise that fact on ANY sign.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Senna wrote: »
    Just encase people dont know, you are allowed to park there for 20 minutes without a ticket. But they dont advertise that fact on ANY sign.
    I did not know that! Thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

At the roundabout as you go in to the hospital take the first exit (if its busy) follow the road and you will come to what is basiclly a gravel area its a part of the car park that is yeat to be tarmaced there is also a door there to access the hospital which is also handy if your going to out patients, its hard to describe where it is (its near where the tarmac starts again) if its extremly busy they put out signs for it but very rarely, there are also no pay and display booths there either but i'd rather not risk it, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

i think the having to pay for 4hours is a joke, you cant even stay visiting people for 4 hours, visiting hours arent open long enough for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

The biggest joke is that the contract was sold to ECP, who will probably make 10 times that outlay on the money they charge. I don't know how much they paid the HSE but you can be sure it wasn't anywhere near the amount they'll make.

Why couldn't the HSE/LGH do the carpark thing themselves ? It's not as if they don't need the money !

Advertisement