Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with hot water also big heating bills

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aurimas

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    If possible ,get the boiler log book filled out.

It will give you all the information you need about the consumption and combustion of the boiler.

thats the problem - there is no evidence of that:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

aurimas wrote: »
    thats the problem - there is no evidence of that:mad:

It's hardly ever done on older boilers ,it's becoming more important now with newer boilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Tell your landlord the boiler needs to be seviced. When the RGI comes get him to gas rate the boiler. He should know how to do it every RGI has to know, and I know because I am one. You will then know how much gas the boiler is using.

1hr a day for heating on is still hard to believe.

Also do you cook with gas or electricity?

JohnnieK wrote: »
    Tell your landlord the boiler needs to be seviced. When the RGI comes get him to gas rate the boiler. He should know how to do it every RGI has to know, and I know because I am one. You will then know how much gas the boiler is using.

1hr a day for heating on is still hard to believe.

Also do you cook with gas or electricity?

What you think? Electric ! I could not believe them at the beginning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

the photo with the what seems like a radiator temperature valve fitted right beside the copper cylinder is strange to say the least! What exactly is that in aid of?!

• Advertisement

This valve controls the temperature of the water in the cylinder. It is a mechanical valve (just like a rad valve) with a phile attached to it that is installed into the cylinder (well supposed to be, some are just strapped to the cylinder) and it opens and closes as required. They are not as accurate as an electrical one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

yes,but surely the electric stat would be less problematic--electric ones are around for donkeys years, just fitting that rad valve was extra work.

I'm well aware as to how it functions as I have them fitted to all the rads in my house and replaced them a few times over the years.

Yes but the electric stat would be controlling a motorized valve so either way there would be a fitting of some sort of valve.

I would always go with the electric controlling the motor valve its a better job.

- how it can be explained - got the text few days ago from tennants that system is working fine, they have hot water and so on ???
    Could it be that I accidently filled system (the was a mains supply on hwc return, I realise that when you open the valve it increases pressure in the boiler up to max) and it got rid of the trapped air later?

Advertisement