Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law for HR (Human Resources) confidentiality?

Options
  • 14-02-2010 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a law that what is discussed with HR is confidential?
    Or does it depend on the policies of individual companies to grant that privilege or not?

I was actually told verbally by a member of our HR group that confidentiality was "absolute."

Turns out that our communication w/ HR isn't confidential at my work (law or no law).

It was not a crucial or urgent matter, just personal. That HR person apparently had a change of mind and the information was shared, without my knowledge or permission, with another HR person and my manager, and has come back to me via our mutual Boss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

The function of the HR department is to protect the company not the individual

Advertisement