Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottom of Gortlee Rd at 1.55am on 14th Feb 2010

Options
  • 14-02-2010 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I had the pleasure (?) at approx 01.55 of being on a taxi that narrowly avoided a head on collision with a Mayo registered Skoda Octavia at the bottom of Gortlee.

For some reason, the little muppet driving the Octavia thought it would be a great craic to overtake his mate by cutting to the right of the pedestrian island at the bottom of the hill!!!!

Gawd the little prick thought it was while funny as he was pissing himself laughing at the time....he must be soooo cool!!!

Gawd forbid that this little ****e actually causes a death on our roads, but if he does, then hopefully it will only be is own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cat82

You should definitely report that if you haven't already as he is only getting away with it and will continue to do so til he does cause harm to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Cat82 wrote: »
    You should definitely report that if you haven't already as he is only getting away with it and will continue to do so til he does cause harm to someone.
    Just curious, does anything ever happen if you report such things to the gardai? I've been told there is absolutely no point unless there is an actual 'accident' as a result. I often wonder how many times these 'muppets' are spotted driving dangerously in advance of a tragedy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Domscard wrote: »
    Just curious, does anything ever happen if you report such things to the gardai? I've been told there is absolutely no point unless there is an actual 'accident' as a result. I often wonder how many times these 'muppets' are spotted driving dangerously in advance of a tragedy :(

Well I was thinking that there would be nothing they'd do as all I new was that it was a Mayo reg Octavia; with such minimal information I fully anticipated a guard shrugging his / her shoulders and doing nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

it wouldnt be too hard to find out who that was driving the Octavia

Advertisement